49.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3995.JPG
    IMG_3995.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 16

JMAC

Feb 10, 2019
Northern Santa Barbara County
This is the one I just got from Juan.
Greenough Stage 4 template looks like. What is Juan charging these days for one of those?

Also to answer your question the original fins made by Morey were a type of plastic that was injected into a mold. A vintage board collector quite a few years ago made some molds off original fins and started making replacement fins. He sold the molds to a guy that sold replacement fins off eBay. Personally would rather have a fiberglass layup like Juan’s fins.

Chilly Willy

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey
More recently, there was a seller on eBay, something like "xhoserx", who made various repros, including waveset G&S, and Greenough Stage III. I've got one of his Stage III fins and it is super flexy, almost like rubber. Probably only good for a wall hanger.

Ahh, yeah. That's the one that I have. The quality wasn't all that great and like you said, flexible to the point where it was almost unrideable.

McLovin

Oct 20, 2021
New England
Greenough Stage 4 template looks like. What is Juan charging these days for one of those?

Also to answer your question the original fins made by Morey were a type of plastic that was injected into a mold. A vintage board collector quite a few years ago made some molds off original fins and started making replacement fins. He sold the molds to a guy that sold replacement fins off eBay. Personally would rather have a fiberglass layup like Juan’s fins.
Interesting, thanks for that info. It's nice to know someone else would choose the Juan fin. Not cheap, it was $190 out the door, but whatever. I paid short money for the board, so it balanced out.

SeniorGrom

Mar 20, 2012
USA New Jersey
I’ve posted before but Juan does a really nice job. Worth it in my opinion especially if you are surfing the board. I even sent him a paper template for a shape I preferred to the giant Greenough that would have originally come with my CON. He made exactly what I wanted and works great. The blue is a Juan repro with front (CON) Wonderbolt. The black he made custom for me & I converted to a more secure rear bolt.

2678F6C7-EC10-4AFD-B097-82544CA590D2.jpeg 99B5B7E0-E90D-46FC-8A6D-66F550A790F4.jpeg

Last edited:

Members online