Looking for WAVE Set remakes

njrider

Jan 18, 2006
USA New Jersey
I’m trying to find some WAVE Set remakes. I did talk to Juan from One World, but I’m in search of some that are molded. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sax-son

Nov 23, 2019
High Sierras, CA
There were a couple on the web, I think it was a Greenough Stage III. I was thinking of getting one, but I no longer own any boards with WAVE SET boxes. Those fins that Juan builds are really expensive from what I remember, but they are glass and not injection molded so those may be cheaper in the long run.

NJ Longboarder

Jan 3, 2005
There was a guy who made them and sold on eBay. I think his name is Irwin. Don’t remember his eBay name. Been checking on eBay for a while but haven’t seen any listed. He made hobie fins too.

garagefull

Feb 22, 2004
Santa Cruz
Erwin quit making fins about 10 years ago. He made the Hobie Dogbone and Waveset G&S fins. He used some kind of plastic that was stiff enough to surf with. More recently, there was a seller on eBay, something like "xhoserx", who made various repros, including waveset G&S, and Greenough Stage III. I've got one of his Stage III fins and it is super flexy, almost like rubber. Probably only good for a wall hanger. I haven't seem him on eBay for a while.

Members online