Looking for two films... any help appreciated

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Driftwood, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2014
    France
    Good evening!

Okay, I'm working on a conference in Bordeaux in November - on surf culture - and a friend of mine is looking for access to two films. So far no luck, so I thought I'd reach out here:

- "Between the lines: surfers during the Vietnam War" (Scott Bass, 2008)
    - "Hollywood don't surf!" (Sam George, 2011)

Anyone happen to have one of these or an idea on tracking them down? If not, I'll try and contact the makers directly. Not always an easy thing to do.

Thanks!

2. applekat

applekat Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    For what it’s worth...I could probably provide a few hot leads regarding the 2009 blockbuster “Picaresque”....unfairly passed over for countless Oscar nods....

1753E4A1-F07E-4D67-AA55-08C1AF6C640D.gif

Dawnpatrol and longhairhippie like this.
  3. deemce

deemce Well-Known Member

May 18, 2010
    USA Pennsylvania
    How about Freeride? Been looking for that for......a long time

hankster likes this.
  4. bfat

bfat Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Brooklyn/Maine
    Coming to this a little late. I checked with the film database Kanopy and with a librarian at my institution. Hollywood Don't Surf doesn't seem to be publicly available. Not sure about Between the Lines. Have you check with Filmakers Library Online? It's a proquest owned database.

5. dutchsurf

dutchsurf Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Netherlands
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2014
    France
    Thank you very much for keeping this quest alive! Been out of town for a few days and just got back to it. Will order Between the Lines and check out the Filmakers Library Online, that's a resource I wasn't aware of at all.