Looking for ThickLizzy?!?

DJR

Feb 1, 2018
Carolina Beach NC
I’ve got one of each in similar lengths (7’10” and 8’0”) and as much as I hate to admit it (mainly due to the difference in price), I actually like the Haley Pin better. This is due to the width and thickness dimensions though, and not the shaper. The HP is a bit narrower and thinner. Unless you’re concerned with resale value, I wouldn’t hesitate to pull the trigger in a Haley Pin.
Really close to pulling the trigger ona Haley Pin- what fin set up do you find works the best?

Bonzourno

Sep 29, 2018
Capitola
Really close to pulling the trigger ona Haley Pin- what fin set up do you find works the best?
Do it-you won’t regret it! Been running an 8” 4a (despite opinions in the other thread) and alternate the Bonzer bites - small ones for up to WH waves and the larger ones for anything bigger. Going to order a Lovelace 7.75” volan if/when TA gets them back in stock. The powerblade looks interesting too, just don’t want to take out a second mortgage on my house to pay for one. Getting ready to pull the trigger on a 9’0” HP to battle the summer crowds.

DJR

Feb 1, 2018
Carolina Beach NC
Do it-you won’t regret it! Been running an 8” 4a (despite opinions in the other thread) and alternate the Bonzer bites - small ones for up to WH waves and the larger ones for anything bigger. Going to order a Lovelace 7.75” volan if/when TA gets them back in stock. The powerblade looks interesting too, just don’t want to take out a second mortgage on my house to pay for one. Getting ready to pull the trigger on a 9’0” HP to battle the summer crowds.
DI’d it. Pulled the trigger Had a great three hours on it out front today before dark rising tide stomach to chest.

Last edited:

sam

Nov 16, 2020
SF

Attachments

• 00b0b_fbwZx3c4iYFz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg
    00b0b_fbwZx3c4iYFz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 00E0E_6qErW9vKcRcz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg
    00E0E_6qErW9vKcRcz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 27