Looking for a 10± Glider

Camel Rock

Mar 23, 2020
San Diego
Hey all,

I am looking for a glider at ~10´. Pretty open on designs, such as eagle, fish simmons, etc, from the usual suspects: Larmo, Miller, Mitsven, etc. Located in SD.

Thank you.

Souvlaks

Feb 10, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ah that's my Hobie! Sorry, didn't even post it here but I should have. Happy to give a little Jammer discount if you're interested!

It's a sweet board! I'm only selling because I'm trying to abide by a "3 board rule" and I have an 11 ft Rorqual from Borbone on the way! Cant justify 2 gliders :)...yet.

Definitely glassed lighter than your typical big board but it's been great. I was just messing around on it with a new fin yesterday. Shaped by Gary Larson, full panel V bottom with a slightly pulled-in tail vs a typical Hobie Encore shape. I really liked it in smaller waves and with the summer coming up, should be an awesome addition to the quiver.

DKNJ

Mar 20, 2016
Ocean, NJ
Ah that's my Hobie! Sorry, didn't even post it here but I should have. Happy to give a little Jammer discount if you're interested!

It's a sweet board! I'm only selling because I'm trying to abide by a "3 board rule" and I have an 11 ft Rorqual from Borbone on the way! Cant justify 2 gliders :)...yet.

Definitely glassed lighter than your typical big board but it's been great. I was just messing around on it with a new fin yesterday. Shaped by Gary Larson, full panel V bottom with a slightly pulled-in tail vs a typical Hobie Encore shape. I really liked it in smaller waves and with the summer coming up, should be an awesome addition to the quiver.
Amped my 10’ Rorqual. Would love to ride report when you can!

Souvlaks

Feb 10, 2021
San Diego, CA
Definitely! I think I'm still a few months out on receiving it but it will be just in time for some small summer waves!

I am interested in how the Rorqual will ride. The Hobie (now sold) was the loosest "glider" I've ever experienced at 10'6. I'm assuming the Rorqual will not be as manueravable at 11 given the shape but you never know what the rocker/contours can do!

Borbone did mention it's an acquired taste, something you have to dial in a bit before you start understanding what the board can really do so...piqued my interest! Very similar to how I've heard Jhall speak about the Fish Simmons gliders - something you wont understand when you first get on them but once it clicks...it really clicks. We'll see.

DKNJ

Mar 20, 2016
Ocean, NJ
Definitely! I think I'm still a few months out on receiving it but it will be just in time for some small summer waves!

I am interested in how the Rorqual will ride. The Hobie (now sold) was the loosest "glider" I've ever experienced at 10'6. I'm assuming the Rorqual will not be as manueravable at 11 given the shape but you never know what the rocker/contours can do!

Borbone did mention it's an acquired taste, something you have to dial in a bit before you start understanding what the board can really do so...piqued my interest! Very similar to how I've heard Jhall speak about the Fish Simmons gliders - something you wont understand when you first get on them but once it clicks...it really clicks. We'll see.
I’m addicted on the feel of both. I don’t think the gliders or the FS really come into their own until belly to chest right up to head just over head. It’s more like chess than checkers. Your lines are more thought out, timing becomes ultimately more important since you’re moving so much board. But the swing weight & momentum is unbelievable. Stoked for ya