Longboard shipping service

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by bigduke21, Nov 7, 2016.

1. shadydave

shadydave Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
    Finward, that is true until they find out there was a market for it and then it would no longer be free. Much like bark mulch was in the milling business, it was a waste product until the landscape industry wanted it now it's a multi million dollar business.

2. Finward

Finward Active Member

Jan 16, 2012
    USA
    Yep I spent 22 years in the logging/land clearing industry we couldn't get rid of chips and bark in the beginning. Towards the end our business was centered around wood waste recovery and mulch. Biofuel and landscape mulch is big money we were moving 2000 yards a day in Ohio and 8000 in Florida.
    Even if they charged it would still be less than new cardboard I know the shops here would happily give it to anyone that would get it out of the way quickly to keep the disposal fees down

3. SMUKES

SMUKES Active Member

Jun 23, 2009
    USA California
    There's something missing from my original post on this thread. Damage and loss of good will. These are the primary reason that surfy surfy and moonlight quit taking and gave up on making a go at shipping for individuals along with small margins. As jim noted, boards even when robustly packed get damaged in shipment. A lot. People were generally unaccepting to this reality. Like i did say earlier, help your bros and use amtrak etc... and avoid glass on fins, multiple boards in a box (weight issue creates damage).