Liddle Burrito hot or not?

Bummer Dude

Jul 8, 2019
Oak View
Looking forward to reading more feedback, particularly for anyone who rides a 5'10". I have Mollusk store credit to spend and am thinking I should use it on one of those. I dig how Burch rides one in Temporal Collections and think I could make it work in my local waves:

View attachment 45264

Just watched this part last night. Holy Moly, that's a hot burrito!

nineohtoo

Apr 13, 2021
Pacifica, CA
For the owners of the shorter variety around 5'10", what fin are you running? I have a variety of ~9" flex fins from different makers, but in the photos I'm seeing, as well as in the Temporal Collections credits, people seem to be running these with a narrow L-Flex?

Am I really going to notice that much difference compared to my standard 9" Flex fins?

nineohtoo

Apr 13, 2021
Pacifica, CA
I typically ride the shaper's fin or what they tell me to put in a board, but I have owned a variety of A-Flex or L-Flex fins, or ones inspired by those templates in 8-9" (I've liked a MOTE/Needessentials fin that looks like a wide L-Flex). I also have an 8" 4A to mix things up.

This board is interesting because Andreini's 1/3 of the fin hanging off the rail recommendation does not work with the wide tail of the burrito. I'm about to try a 9" L-Flex and will report how it goes.

eggrider

Feb 25, 2020
Bay Area
I typically ride the shaper's fin or what they tell me to put in a board, but I have owned a variety of A-Flex or L-Flex fins, or ones inspired by those templates in 8-9" (I've liked a MOTE/Needessentials fin that looks like a wide L-Flex). I also have an 8" 4A to mix things up.

This board is interesting because Andreini's 1/3 of the fin hanging off the rail recommendation does not work with the wide tail of the burrito. I'm about to try a 9" L-Flex and will report how it goes.
How wide is your Burrito's tail? I've got a Baby V with a 16 3/8" tail, and found 9" narrow L-Flex, positioned forward of side bites' leading edge, to work well. About 1" from the front of the fin box. Putting center fin forward of side fins for 2+1 hulls was mentioned in other threads that I dug up (https://www.swaylocks.com/comment/230282#comment-230282, https://jamboards.com/threads/fin-question-for-you-hull-heads.10765/#post-212323).

That said, I know some other members like to run the center with leading edge aligned with the sides. It may be a personal taste thing balancing speed/drive etc.

nineohtoo

Apr 13, 2021
Pacifica, CA
Good finds on those links!

Mine's 18" tail. I rode a 9" L-Flex in it this morning, ~1" from the front of the box, and just ahead of the side bites. Waves were glassy little tubes and rides weren't long enough to get a feel for turns, but the board did surprisingly well on some steep and late takeoffs, it's sooo fast.

Frustratingly, it kept riding high and I'd get clipped at the top and tumble with the board instead of making a Hawaiian exit. I don't remember this sensation when riding a Geebee, I recall it stayed at the bottom of the wave anytime I got low for some cover.