LIDDLE 6'8 Baby Vee "victoria"

kookninja

Sep 2, 2021
San Diego
... dubbed Victoria (I name all my boards)

My analysis so far (from a strictly hull only rider), is that I'd like it to be a little looser. Dimensions are 6'8 x 21 x almost 3... I've used the typical 9" liddle fin, another 9" but narrower fin--- similar to the Liddle flex fin outline. And I've settled on a DIY power blade (which started its life out as a 9 3/4 A flex)

With my diy fin... I get the loose feel that I was searching for, but lose the drive through any turn other than a bottom turn. Which is fine... I'm adapting to it.

Interested in what fins everyone is using in their baby vee's--- in similar dimensions as mine???

... all fins tested, slammed all the way fwd

kookninja

Sep 2, 2021
San Diego
Sorry for the bad photo, I'll take another one later. I didn't change any of the leading edge. Just cut out the trailing edge of the base, and sort of rounded the top.

Attachments

• 20220215_063525.jpg
    20220215_063525.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 130

Bryce

Nov 6, 2017
_
The flex pattern layup on a power blade fin is different than an A flex layup because the fiberglass is laid up to flex along the vertical axis and “twist” instead of flex side to side normally. So your diy power blade is just cosemetically a power blade, not functionally the same, which is probably better for a non-edge board anyways.

Try a Liddle wide base 8.5” in that Baby V. Also pushing the fin all the way forward isn’t always the best placement. Don’t be afraid to push it back towards center for more drive

kookninja

Sep 2, 2021
San Diego
The flex pattern layup on a power blade fin is different than an A flex layup because the fiberglass is laid up to flex along the vertical axis and “twist” instead of flex side to side normally. So your diy power blade is just cosemetically a power blade, not functionally the same, which is probably better for a non-edge board anyways.

Try a Liddle wide base 8.5” in that Baby V. Also pushing the fin all the way forward isn’t always the best placement. Don’t be afraid to push it back towards center for more drive
Yup... I get that. How that justifies the sale price... ??? Confuses me. Maybe the fin layups are done by virgin super models.

Was just my poor mans attempt at one. Either way, I like how it works with what I got... even though it likely does not function how the real thing does.

Thanks

BrazilButtNut

Sep 26, 2018
Ventura, CA
Sorry for the bad photo, I'll take another one later. I didn't change any of the leading edge. Just cut out the trailing edge of the base, and sort of rounded the top.
In my opinion the powerblade works way better in boards with flat edge in the tail. I have had success with that fin in boards that are meant to pivot more off the tail.

To me that fin doesn’t make sense in a more traditional hull style board. A standard template GL flex style volan fin will work better 90% of the time.

If you are looking for a more back footed feeling from a hull style board you might want to try a similar template hull flex fin but in the non flex type. Ive tried 4a and l flex style hard fins in vaqueros and had great success. A hard fin will give the board a more back footed feel and probably more drive.