Legend of the Iron Seahorse

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Stringer, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Stringer

Stringer Active Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Rhode Island
    Leah Dawson in Texas on a v bowls. Hot damn!

2. mgarbutt

mgarbutt Active Member

Apr 5, 2011
    USA Delaware
    Reminds me of Alex Knost, lots of arm waving.

3. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Who's in charge of the wind machine? Turn down the velocity.

4. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016
    I'd like at least 5 of my 7 minutes back.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    changeissimple likes this.
  5. dingdong

dingdong Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    USA California
    they could've edited out the first three minutes at least, and I'm sure she's an incredible surfer, but some of that stuff looked a little forced imo, knost is just smooth, surfed next to him yesterday btw, super chill guy in the water, not a agro pro wave hog at all

6. Big D

Big D Active Member

Nov 4, 2009
    This video lost me at the "The Inertia Presents" voice over in the beginning.

7. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    a quiet cabin in the woods
    if that 'style' wasn't a put-on of pure parody, then her meds were obviously off..

8. 42

42 New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    USA
    I loved it. The whole thing. Leah. The boots. The single fin. The horse. Texas. The wave pool. Awesome! Thanks, Leah!

Stringer likes this.
  9. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Campy film school pablum and campy surfing. Oh yeah, and ugly brown water. Made it through the 1st wanking wave and bailed.

10. Stringer

Stringer Active Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Rhode Island
    Fu*k yeah!

Some of the flaws are what I found interesting. Is her style a little off? Yes and so are the conditions. Her swinging arms and over correcting is consistent with someone battling that much wind. I mean look at the chop and spray. It's clear that she is doing the best she can to stay in the wave and make the most of it. I find this exciting because I can relate to it. We surf in some pretty stiff offshore winds this time of year. It can be a battle to get down the line without getting blown off. The challenge is part of the fun. Also it's nice to see a video of someone surfing everyday conditions and not the same old perfect wave with the surfer doing the same old step to the nose, perch, step the the tail, turn and repeat. There are plenty of videos like that. In fact we have a whole thread. She holds it down well in those adverse conditions. It's a board that wants to jive. I like to watch surfers that jive.

Lastly, who doesn't like cheater five hand drag barrels?!