LA repairs

Budthedog

Dec 22, 2020
California
Delams are on the deck. You can see where the last guy loosely circled the areas and then did the puncture and plug method. The right side feels okay but left side’s no good. One thing a repair guy mentioned this morning was using pour foam instead of q-cell for the bigger one if it’s really compressed/waterlogged whatever. Anyone use anything like that? He said it’s way lighter and still strong. (Realistically I’m probably gonna take the most simple route and just get the job done but still curious.)
729C4769-F94C-4706-9ADB-BFC33734B4C6.jpeg

Yosh

Jan 31, 2019
El Segundo
In the long run, puncture/plug pouring resin isn't ideal as resin can begin to crack easily (with no fiberglass enforcement) inside and start damaging the foam underneath which causes yet another delam. And if waterlogged, there is no good contact, just adding resin weight. Qcell can do the same if old wound gets impacted hard enough, it can pull away from the core foam and cause delam. Since that happened to me, I began to sandwich fiberglass between core foam and qcell for stronger bond. I would do the same even with pour foam route. Best is to peel, get rid of unhealthy foam if any, dry it, and start the surgery. but I'm on page with you man.... I get so lazy with repair lately, I use more gorilla tape than fiberglass... and considering the condition, (and however much you paid, hope it was a deal) I would ride the shit out of it and move on.
...but it's Hilbers... ugh

Budthedog

Dec 22, 2020
California
In the long run, puncture/plug pouring resin isn't ideal as resin can begin to crack easily (with no fiberglass enforcement) inside and start damaging the foam underneath which causes yet another delam. And if waterlogged, there is no good contact, just adding resin weight. Qcell can do the same if old wound gets impacted hard enough, it can pull away from the core foam and cause delam. Since that happened to me, I began to sandwich fiberglass between core foam and qcell for stronger bond. I would do the same even with pour foam route. Best is to peel, get rid of unhealthy foam if any, dry it, and start the surgery. but I'm on page with you man.... I get so lazy with repair lately, I use more gorilla tape than fiberglass... and considering the condition, (and however much you paid, hope it was a deal) I would ride the shit out of it and move on.
...but it's Hilbers... ugh
Good info Yosh! Especially coming from the guy who did those insane colored fixes that look so sick

Yosh

Jan 31, 2019
El Segundo
Good info Yosh! Especially coming from the guy who did those insane colored fixes that look so sick
let me know if you hit any blockers happy to help (sorry don't mean labor hehe), and please do let me know if you find any local suppliers in LA where we can pick up fiberglass. Driving down to OC is not bad but bad u kno...

Budthedog

Dec 22, 2020
California
let me know if you hit any blockers happy to help (sorry don't mean labor hehe), and please do let me know if you find any local suppliers in LA where we can pick up fiberglass. Driving down to OC is not bad but bad u kno...
Definitely will let you know and if I have to make a trip somewhere, I can always grab some for you.

thirdwave

Mar 17, 2021
Los Angeles
Foam EZ in HB has got all the ding repair stuff and friendly people if you decide to DIY (now or in the future!) They also sell the ding repair scriptures which has been a helpful book for moi

Attachments

• 1616815322870.png
    1616815322870.png
    151.3 KB · Views: 61