Kevin Connelly

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by crowded, Apr 16, 2020.

1. crowded

crowded New Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Dang. I've known him since the late 90s. Same age and everything. Last time I saw him was at a mutual friend's wedding circa 2012ish? Wish I would've never sold my last of his logs in 2017. I'd love to get a new one, but it doesn't sound like its in the cards. Magic Feet.

2. Jaimo

Jaimo Active Member

Nov 19, 2006
    His surfing in the Longboard Fever / Longboard Habit/ Longboard Magic stuff was just mind blowing.

To heck with the boards, I’d settle for my old VHS tapes.

3. Micah B.

Micah B. New Member

Jan 18, 2019
    Southern CA
    That rail grab at time 0:30. Thanks for sharing.

4. Jaimo

Jaimo Active Member

Nov 19, 2006
    It is good . I believe that’s actually Daniel Graham though if my memory serves me correct. That section of the video has a session with him and Oliver Parker. The clip attached is just like an opening preview. Kevin is in the neon green jersey a few guys in to this opening preview. That contest footage (all his waves) are featured in the movie. It’s great stuff. I wish the whole movie was online somewhere.

5. unforgiven

unforgiven Active Member

May 10, 2006
    Gerry Lopez did the same thing.
    He thought inland would be a better place to raise kids.
    Probably a good call.

Artz likes this.
  6. kroo

kroo Active Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Found a pic of one of my boards from 2008ish...

Attached Files:

hankster, Jaimo and walkingtheplank like this.
  7. SdSurferguy

SdSurferguy Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    USA
    Two are up on San Diego CL right now.

Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 9.05.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 9.06.34 PM.png

Ticowannabe and walkingtheplank like this.
  8. Artz

Artz Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Florida
    Bend Oragon is a cool little town. Lots of diffrent things to get into depending on the season white water Kayaking, fishing, mountain biking camping and hiking in the warmer months Winter Snowboarding, skiing Snowshoeing, and back country boarding and skiing. If you become good at Telemark skiing it’s like watching a someone that has style on a longboard.

9. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    a quiet cabin in the woods
    Recently relocated from the OR coast, bought a place 15 mins south of Bend in Sunriver....we love the area, the unlimited recreation, mountains and desert, easy enough to make a coast run or jump a flight at the local.

if fortunate enough to get old enough, no matter how mad dog about surfing (guilty), or how hard you worked to stay in the best shape possible, eventually the paddleouts will become farther and fewer apart...so best at that point to construct a life that makes the best of the time you have left...

10. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Questions for bonus points:
    - What is the name of the little minx that he was with when he was high profile?
    - What was his nickname?