DJR

Feb 1, 2018
Carolina Beach NC
i often wax poetic about Klaus’s work on here but can’t help but throw this in the mix per the convo about beach break friendly hulls. He calls this one the rubber biscuit- it’s still new and in the works according to him but it’s his attempt at marrying a twin fin and hull and ultimately something that can handle beach break or less than ideal hull waves.

Belly entry and soft rails front 2/3 of the board into a deep channel thru the fins with a hard edge out the tail that starts before the fins. Centered wide point. S deck. The best part is the super narrow base high aspect fins- keeping the fins the same or similar template as your go to hull keeps them in the water more than a keel and also forces you to keep turning off the rail rather than having pushing hard off the fins. Aka you still surf this the same as a hull off your front foot…but the caveat is a more nimble board that can make quicker directional changes than a hull- like beach breaks usually require.

Mine is 6’8” and can’t recommend these enough! Plan on having him a make a removable fin version one day for travel.
Oh my

word

Jesus

Hodaddy81

Feb 2, 2021
Jersey
Just recently grabbed this and have been having a good time. 6’9” baby v with flex. Some may have seen this one around.

Attachments

• 52C291E4-1122-41AE-B751-D62C8825368D.jpeg
    52C291E4-1122-41AE-B751-D62C8825368D.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 71

Skusty

Dec 14, 2020
Encinitas
Just recently grabbed this and have been having a good time. 6’9” baby v with flex. Some may have seen this one around.
beauty. i had a 6'6 M3P flextail that i just didn't vibe with. i reckona liddle longer is the way to go (for me at least). the extra flex in the tail helped with projection off the bottom turn and was real cool - kinda regret selling mine but glad its at a happy new home

WesCantDress

Mar 5, 2020
Long Beach, CA
I've not had the chance to surf a flex tail, but Tristan was talking about the importance to finding a match between the amount of flex and the specific break intended. I don't know to what degree, but too flexy and it can bog in the cutback, too stiff and it can snap back too early. Goldilocks. Curious if you think this might contribute to it not feeling right @Skusty ?

dingdong

Jan 14, 2013
USA California
i often wax poetic about Klaus’s work on here but can’t help but throw this in the mix per the convo about beach break friendly hulls. He calls this one the rubber biscuit- it’s still new and in the works according to him but it’s his attempt at marrying a twin fin and hull and ultimately something that can handle beach break or less than ideal hull waves.

Belly entry and soft rails front 2/3 of the board into a deep channel thru the fins with a hard edge out the tail that starts before the fins. Centered wide point. S deck. The best part is the super narrow base high aspect fins- keeping the fins the same or similar template as your go to hull keeps them in the water more than a keel and also forces you to keep turning off the rail rather than having pushing hard off the fins. Aka you still surf this the same as a hull off your front foot…but the caveat is a more nimble board that can make quicker directional changes than a hull- like beach breaks usually require.

Mine is 6’8” and can’t recommend these enough! Plan on having him a make a removable fin version one day for travel.
hull twin....mind blown...ride report please!!

Skusty

Dec 14, 2020
Encinitas
hmm i could see that @WesCantDress, though i reckon its more of your surf style if you're going for down the line flow vs a bit tighter turns - in all likelihood its a combination of both.

i'm pretty sure my frustration with it came from the ol 'archer not the arrow' conundrum. i was well overweight and out of shape, getting frustrated with myself more than the board. Now that i've thankfully dropped most all of the weight i wish i still had it to give it a more fair go of it

i'd still rather try something a bit longer (low 7' range) but would be stoked to get my hands on pretty much any size and shape again