just f'n sad...

Single_Fin_Orange

Jul 10, 2018
Florida
Terrible news. I hope he's able to recover from his injuries, get back on his feet and get a roof over his head. Reno is a legend and an absolute trip to be around.

Sax-son

Nov 23, 2019
High Sierras, CA
He is one of the greats of our era. Unfortunate for this to happen to somebody of his legendary stature. It's a cruel world out there when older people start to get mixed up with the homeless community after years of bad luck and economic misfortune. This same thing happened to a long time surfing friend who became homeless and was eventually beaten to death by other violent transients most likely over a stupid drug deal gone bad.

I don't have any inside knowledge regarding Reno's situation, but many times this is a result of many years in the making. They get caught up in a lifestyle and eventually get left behind. Let's hope that Reno can pull through this, but if he does, he is going to require a lot of help so hopefully some of the well heeled of the surfing community folks can give him a hand.

miscreant

May 20, 2016
I’m not surprised.

About 12 years ago, he was heckling the fuck out of me at my Ventura premier of Jazz the Glass.

I can imagine a less patient individual or group of people not tolerating that type of shit.

just sayin.