Just bought a haley pin what fin?

Confused

Mar 11, 2008
Slightly off topic but I’m curious what size you guys are relative to your Haley pins / lizzies

I’ve got the chance to grab a lovemachine Lizzie coming up and I’m torn between the two sizes.

I’ve always loved watching Trevor Gordon on his 7’10 and that’s the vibe I’m aiming for but after chatting to him I’m a lot smaller / lighter ( he’s 6’2 and I’m 5’6) plus I’m gonna be using it in beachbreak so I’m leaning towards the 7’4 now.

ThOughts?
I'm 5'8" / 165 ~ riding a 7'8" ~ caught a few 1' - 2' grovelers with no problems, think the board lives up to the reputation. Really does feel like 1 board quiver. Think you would be happy either way.

Confused

Mar 11, 2008
I've been eyeing that fin for use in my parallax...what do you run it in now? Compare it to anything else?
I think it's a pretty nice fin... run a 10" in my bing pocket knife. Little more verticle than say a 4a or captin, little less flowy. Holds well and when you turn and load up the flex tip, it really projects you out of the turn nicely... quality is nice.

listentoalienworkshop

Nov 21, 2020
Los Angeles
I think it's a pretty nice fin... run a 10" in my bing pocket knife. Little more verticle than say a 4a or captin, little less flowy. Holds well and when you turn and load up the flex tip, it really projects you out of the turn nicely... quality is nice.
You actually bought my old Haley that I got from the good folks at glideco. Funny enough when I got it, I thought I needed it longer to surf smaller stuff too and didn’t surf it enough. It flies, was def fun, but didnt feel like it got in early enough for me, to not have any rocker, whereas my vbowls had the rocker for later drops.

Out of nowhere I fell into a 7’10 lizzy a couple days ago and really enjoyed the day out I had so far but sorta don’t disagree with my initial thought about rocker. Anyone else have thoughts on that? I really like the board, can be surfed in a bunch of situations, turns great, just seems to confuse me a bit…

Confused

Mar 11, 2008
You actually bought my old Haley that I got from the good folks at glideco. Funny enough when I got it, I thought I needed it longer to surf smaller stuff too and didn’t surf it enough. It flies, was def fun, but didnt feel like it got in early enough for me, to not have any rocker, whereas my vbowls had the rocker for later drops.

Out of nowhere I fell into a 7’10 lizzy a couple days ago and really enjoyed the day out I had so far but sorta don’t disagree with my initial thought about rocker. Anyone else have thoughts on that? I really like the board, can be surfed in a bunch of situations, turns great, just seems to confuse me a bit…
Oh, nice. I have a 7'10" vbowls also. I feel like I can catch pretty much anything on both boards from knee on up. Both are awesome boards but have totally different feel. I think @Hodaddy81 did a great comparison vid on his youtube channel comparing both.

Bighouse

Feb 21, 2012
East End, Long Island
I’ll hop on the
It’s flat, for sure. I don’t think I’ve ever pearled on it. Funny, last week, overhead plus, I was exhausted but still catching some good set waves. Hard to get into for the guys on smaller boards. Had to race out to turn and burn on a bigger set. just before I stood up I pushed the board infront of me while I stood up. Somehow landed on the tail and made the drop. Wave of my day. Got w few hoots on my way back out. Felt good. Wave was a screamer.

listentoalienworkshop

Nov 21, 2020
Los Angeles
I’ll hop on the

It’s flat, for sure. I don’t think I’ve ever pearled on it. Funny, last week, overhead plus, I was exhausted but still catching some good set waves. Hard to get into for the guys on smaller boards. Had to race out to turn and burn on a bigger set. just before I stood up I pushed the board infront of me while I stood up. Somehow landed on the tail and made the drop. Wave of my day. Got w few hoots on my way back out. Felt good. Wave was a screamer.
Right on. Like I said I really enjoy it once I'm in the wave but it's funny, it's not super easy for me getting in on the soft stuff (like a flat v bottom board or something) and then had a small but critical 3-4 day at porto and felt like I could really use some more rocker then. I suck, I get it. Probably just need a more angled drop in but it's just an in between that I gotta get used to that I was surprised to not see mentioned. I just really like how hectic some of my vbowls drops were, like all rail harsh angle but no worries... but rocker helped.

Bighouse

Feb 21, 2012
East End, Long Island
Right on. Like I said I really enjoy it once I'm in the wave but it's funny, it's not super easy for me getting in on the soft stuff (like a flat v bottom board or something) and then had a small but critical 3-4 day at porto and felt like I could really use some more rocker then. I suck, I get it. Probably just need a more angled drop in but it's just an in between that I gotta get used to that I was surprised to not see mentioned. I just really like how hectic some of my vbowls drops were, like all rail harsh angle but no worries... but rocker helped.
If you can ride a v bowls and enjoy it I doubt you suck.

Confused

Mar 11, 2008
If you can ride a v bowls and enjoy it I doubt you suck.
100% agree. I think if you ride different boards back to back on the same day, it takes a few to get dialed in but also feel that makes progressing as an overall surfer faster and you become more aware of how specific boards will work.

Members online