Just bought a haley pin what fin?

Bravoaloha

Nov 9, 2019
Jersey
I have a 7'6 and love it, but am jonesing for a bigger one. 8'ish.. I'm ~170 and in crappy NJ surf the 7'6 really needs some kind of wave. I think the 8' would get more use (from me) here.

I had the same board on Kauai and would ride it at 1 foot Hanalei, I think longer period/reef break helped a lot. It was my "longboard".

Also rode it in 6-8' Hawaiian. True quiver killer.

JVRI

Nov 15, 2021
Rhode Island
I'm 200# riding an 8'2.

Single - So cruisey, some cross-stepping, flowy turns
8.5" Greenough 4A OR 8.5" RL vBowls

Two+One - More performance/responsive (but not overly so), really fun in crap/slop surf.
Small bonzer bites (mine are from Macho fins)
7.75" RL vBowls OR 7" Greenough 4A
@jory my notes above on fins setup from earlier in the thread!

7’10 sounds like a golden size for sure. The ultimate travel board?

Ricksurfin

Jun 9, 2019
San Clemente, CA
Ryan had one of his 8.5” template fins glassed on my 7’10” Thick Lizzy.

0D9187B5-78E4-470F-944D-2766B50DCE0E.jpeg

heavymetalshop

Nov 29, 2020
405/101/10
Slightly off topic but I’m curious what size you guys are relative to your Haley pins / lizzies

I’ve got the chance to grab a lovemachine Lizzie coming up and I’m torn between the two sizes.

I’ve always loved watching Trevor Gordon on his 7’10 and that’s the vibe I’m aiming for but after chatting to him I’m a lot smaller / lighter ( he’s 6’2 and I’m 5’6) plus I’m gonna be using it in beachbreak so I’m leaning towards the 7’4 now.

ThOughts?
I’m 5’9/165. I have a 7’7. Stock dims Haley pin

Eh_frame

Dec 31, 2020
NJ
Slightly off topic but I’m curious what size you guys are relative to your Haley pins / lizzies

I’ve got the chance to grab a lovemachine Lizzie coming up and I’m torn between the two sizes.

I’ve always loved watching Trevor Gordon on his 7’10 and that’s the vibe I’m aiming for but after chatting to him I’m a lot smaller / lighter ( he’s 6’2 and I’m 5’6) plus I’m gonna be using it in beachbreak so I’m leaning towards the 7’4 now.

ThOughts?
I’m 6 ft 185 lbs. i have a 7-6 that I think is a little undersized. Surfing east coast beach breaks, especially in winter with a thick suit, it feels like I could use some more paddle power. I would definitely go 7-10 over the 7-4, not like this is a board you would surf vertically anyway.

Also I got a 9-7 HP which is the real quiver killer . It’s fun in everything from ankle slappers to overhead.

Gulfzer5

Nov 2, 2020
Louisiana
I’m 5’8 / 165 to 170 and have the stock 7’6. I can pretty much ride it in anything from knee on up to as big as I can handle. I will definitely go bigger on my next one. 7’10 or 8’

Bonzourno

Sep 29, 2018
Capitola

ThOughts?
I’m on the shorter/lighter side of the spectrum too. I’ve got a 7’10” TL with fuller rails that I tend to use as a groveler. I’ve also got an 8’0” HP that’s a bit more bladed out that I take out in the better stuff. I live in the land of point breaks but wouldn’t hesitate to take it out in beach breaks.

Members online