Just bought a haley pin what fin?

mightyrime

Nov 10, 2020
oceanside ca
I just pulled the trigger on this haley pin at boardsource. Bought it online sight unseen. Going to pick it up today.

What fins do people like for these? I own 3.25 TA side bites already... what center?

I also have a 8.5" greenough 4a that seems like an ok single? Or go bigger?

fingers crossed... i bought into the hype :)

pmacadelic

Jun 19, 2022
Orange County
I just pulled the trigger on this haley pin at boardsource. Bought it online sight unseen. Going to pick it up today.

What fins do people like for these? I own 3.25 TA side bites already... what center?

I also have a 8.5" greenough 4a that seems like an ok single? Or go bigger?

fingers crossed... i bought into the hype :)
Some good reads

Bravoaloha

Nov 9, 2019
Jersey
Plenty to read above, but: I have never tried my Lizzy with regular upright fins but I have with the Bonzer runners and I really don't like it. Everything from a 6.5 Frye to the 7.75 Lovelace.

I run the 7.75 Lovelace as a single. I would love a bit smaller fin to try as a single, as I think this is still a bit much fin, but it definitely works.

Your 4a seems too big imo unless you are a big guy.

mightyrime

Nov 10, 2020
oceanside ca
Some good reads

cool..for some reason my search function on this sight kept giving me an error message. I had to search through google...

mightyrime

Nov 10, 2020
oceanside ca
Plenty to read above, but: I have never tried my Lizzy with regular upright fins but I have with the Bonzer runners and I really don't like it. Everything from a 6.5 Frye to the 7.75 Lovelace.

I run the 7.75 Lovelace as a single. I would love a bit smaller fin to try as a single, as I think this is still a bit much fin, but it definitely works.

Your 4a seems too big imo unless you are a big guy.
cool i have an 8" greenough as well. I am 180lb. I have been gravitating towards bigger fins recently. I really like to drive my bottom turn hard. I find the smaller fins though loose and skatey dont get the projection i want.... sounds like i need to try a few things. I also have a 7" rusty fin that is almost exactly like a TA california classic. I will start with what i own before i start buying more :)

ks77

Jan 16, 2007
LA, CA
I have a 7.75" Lovelace that I used in my 7'7" Thick Lizzy. Worked well. DM me if you're interested in purchasing.

Bravoaloha

Nov 9, 2019
Jersey
cool i have an 8" greenough as well. I am 180lb. I have been gravitating towards bigger fins recently. I really like to drive my bottom turn hard. I find the smaller fins though loose and skatey dont get the projection i want.... sounds like i need to try a few things. I also have a 7" rusty fin that is almost exactly like a TA california classic. I will start with what i own before i start buying more :)

Maybe I need to try bigger! I'm not really getting what I want either. Not getting the projection I want, but I thought a smaller fin would be better (I'm not a fin Guru).

I just received a 9" Christianson Tracker fin with a v.Bowls I snagged. Maybe this is the answer I am looking for!

Hodaddy81

Feb 2, 2021
Jersey
Maybe I need to try bigger! I'm not really getting what I want either. Not getting the projection I want, but I thought a smaller fin would be better (I'm not a fin Guru).

I just received a 9" Christianson Tracker fin with a v.Bowls I snagged. Maybe this is the answer I am looking for!
you got my v bowls!

Bravoaloha

Nov 9, 2019
Jersey
you got my v bowls!

This 'ol girl??

IMG_8854.JPG

IMG_8855.JPG

Cleaned her up and fixed the dings on the nose and tail. Can't wait to get her in the water this weekend!

Members online