Just Board Pics

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Roach, Oct 26, 2011.

1. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    USA California
    Artz....the first sentence.....umm..well you know..
    No eye contact for a week..

2. Artz

Artz Active Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Florida
    I always liked Bonzer Eggs.

DanSan likes this.
  3. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    USA California
    Me too..i had a CB....pod...7.2 x 22.5 x 3...red x fins..

4. Artz

Artz Active Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Florida
    Dan, Here are the numbers 23.25 wide. Nose is 16.25 “Tail is 16.75 “ wide Nose and Tail measured at 12” also 3.25 “ thick. It is not the most nimble Board. It does have an amazing amount of speed to connect a lot of sections.

DanSan likes this.
  5. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    USA California
    Oh heck yeah.artz...that board sounds cool..
    I had so many people dig the torren twin..
    This weekend...way cool..
    I cannot wait until friday..
    Im gonna try the TA twins.

6. kroo

kroo Active Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Haven't surfed for a few months. Between the crowds, work, family stuff, and a two month long can't kill it ear infection, I kinda lost the stoke for a while. There's a lot of good mountain biking where I live so that keeps me happy.

Sold a few boards and these are what I'm left with. 6-1 Novak short board, 8-2 early/mid 70's pintail that was my dad's and I caught my first waves on. 10-6 Murphy stretched out hplb that I use as a glider that turns. 9-9 Kevin Connelly Noosa IV. I need to go surfing

Attached Files:

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2014
    France
    Go surfing, good fellow, go surfing.
    After a lot of years in the water, it is still amazing (and cliché) how good a fun session can make you feel.
    Got in the water for the first time in a month with a friend today, passed up a pretty darn good right hander to surf a more hit and miss left, just the two of us. Got a couple of good ones, including one really stellar shoulder high runner (on a Murphy no less). I was still about thirty yards back from the peak paddling back out when my buddy yells - I can see you grinning from here!
    Exactly what I needed.

Patrick Riley and JMJackFish like this.
  8. Squid

Squid Active Member

Dec 19, 2011
    When given the option of redoing an old ding repair on a rail gouge done with boat resin, I always opt to keep them so long as they are water tight. I think they add rather than take away from the character of a vintage board.
    [​IMG]

Driftwood and shadydave like this.
  9. shadydave

shadydave Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
    Each one tells yet another story. :)

10. SdSurferguy

SdSurferguy Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    USA
    My dad’s Caster has a nasty fist sized hole in the deck that was repaired. He did it by putting his arm straight through the deck getting pitched over the falls on a big day at Peta. He wasn’t smiling when it happened, but seeing it brings a big smile to my face 40 years later.