Just Board Pics

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Roach, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Roach

Roach Active Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Carlsbad California

Attached files
    [​IMG]

2. mgarbutt

mgarbutt Active Member

Apr 5, 2011
    USA Delaware
    Wow roach that thing looks interesting, tell me more!

3. shapewright

shapewright Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2006
    USA California
    In the very early spring/late winter of '67, Eddy Lister rode for Rible's shop and had a 422, we traded off at the L jetty.
    I had a few waves and on the last one, ran up to the nose and had the fin pop out and spin out, no leashes yet and bone freezing water, I didn't want to swim
    As I was trying to land on the board, my hands in 1/4" gloves slipped off the rail and I splatted down hard on my left eye brow and was F'n knocked out.
    The weird part is, when your out cold, the brain still knows what is going on, but the rest of the body is on vacation. Luckily the icy water revived me before I could try to breath like a fish. That was the last time I ever traded off boards with Eddy Lister

4. poidog

poidog Active Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Hey Roach, is that the board you were just talking about? Man, that looks sweet. Love the wide point back, fin placement. Nice!

5. SdSurferguy

SdSurferguy Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    USA
    5'8 fish and 7'something egg.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. OCSURFER32

OCSURFER32 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    West Palm Beach
  7. mad dog

mad dog Active Member

May 12, 2008
  8. Jook

Jook Member

May 6, 2005
    USA
    My favorite ride this summer, a pintail DCC:

[​IMG]

Step:

[​IMG]

balance_fit likes this.
  9. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

Jook-

I love that DCC pin. Sweet board. Here's one that got away; a 10' Pearson Arrow "Leo Nordine" custom by Bob. A classic board that really worked on every level: turned well (because of the tail kick and the Guy Takayama fin) and yet really was a supreme noserider. Bladed 50/50 rails throughout, 10'x20"x24"x17"x3.125".

Let it get away because a friend really wanted it. And I had my eye on a 10'6" Mitch Taylor (yes, a Becker :cool:) and I basically got the practically new Taylor for the price of the Pearson which I'd used for a year (but had kept in damn near perfect shape). I still regret letting the Pearson get away, but I've still got the Taylor and love it.

No regrets. Except a little. ;)

Eric

Attached files
    [​IMG]

10. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

The 10'6" Mitch Taylor Model I got after selling the Pearson. Basically the same dimensions as the Pearson, except for the longer length and the 3.5" thickness which made paddling much more pleasureable.

:dude:

Attached files