Jim Philips 9.4

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Jmazz, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Jmazz

Jmazz Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Ny
    OK jammers, now your chance
    Magic ham deluxe 9.4 !!!
    I ordered this board. Took a while , she's a beaut....one problem, this type board doesn't match my style of surfing. I just can't get used to it. So....she's up for grabs I paid 1500. I'll take 1275
    Used literally 4 times, it's new.
    Not a scratch or heal dent . Beautiful orange resin tint deck patch and tail patch.
    The board is in new jersey, Asbury park area

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    DKNJ, Tlri and Thunder Chicken like this.
  2. Tlri

Tlri Active Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Rhode island
    Someone buy this board!
    I have it in a 9’8” and the magic ham deluxe is a great ride.
    Catches waves EASY and comes alive when there’s a little juice in the water.
    In my opinion Jim’s boards are worth the wait, but it is a bit of a wait. Here’s your chance to snag one now instead of waiting 3 months for delivery.
    I’m 6’ and 175lbs and the 9’8” is manageable but on the big side for me.

3. Jmazz

Jmazz Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Ny
    Maybe I should hold it and wait for a swell bigger then waist high. I might give it another chance

4. Tlri

Tlri Active Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Rhode island
    Mine is 9’8” I can paddle into shin to knee with it but it’s a blast once it goes stomach to chest.
    I have 3 other boards I want to get some time on but I always grab the magic ham deluxe because it’s magic.
    Know I can get in early and so fun to turn that board. Just feels right under my feet. Definitely comes alive if the waves have a little juice.
    I’m tempted to buy yours to give me a shorter version but have 2 other Phillips in the works.
    No room left on the wall (or the other wall, or the shed)at the moment.

5. Jmazz

Jmazz Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Ny
    I paddled out today on it again. Waves about waist high worked a little better and I had a 4A gin in it.

6. Tlri

Tlri Active Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Rhode island
    Play around with the fin and placement. I’ve ridden with 2 different size 4a fins both moved around in the box and a @dingpatch that I posted on here last week.
    All give very different feels just a matter of what feels right with the wave height/speed.
    I like the drive and sold feel of the @dingpatch matched with that board right now.
    Still hoping to get ahold of the flowthru to try on that board.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  7. SharkB8

SharkB8 Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    USA Virginia
    Gearnut has the flowthrough. Just realized I never sent you a message back. I will send him your information and tell him your next.

Tlri likes this.