Jersey Surf 10/14

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by T-Bone, Oct 9, 2006.

1. T-Bone

T-Bone Active Member

Looks like we might see a bit of action on Saturday probably gonna head out in the Seaside area, or somewhere there abouts, with my Bro anybody else thinking about it? We'll have to keep an eye on it.

Straight from Dukestorm:

On the longer range, expect to see a building winswell again later in the week(Friday). A digging Southern Jet and a strong cold front will provide some much needed energy to build in some fun surf by Friday. Once again, on the weakish side, but the waters still warm and hopfully we'll get a few chest high sets.

T

2. grush

grush Member

Aug 8, 2005
    T-Bone,

I'm going to try and clear my schedule. Yesterday's session was a big dissapointment. Wind shifted by the time I got out in No. Monmouth. I could use some good waves!

3. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    One thing that is more reliable than even dukestorm's forecast is my back luck when it comes to missing swells. I have to be in PA Saturday afternoon through Sunday morning so that will probably be your best chance at surf. It is always fun while driving on 195 West to see the wind switch offshore.

By the way, next weekend (21st and 22nd) I have to go to weddings BOTH days so I predict a solid swell to hit NJ all next weekend.

4. Drumhead Buddha

Drumhead Buddha New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    Nepal
    hmph

and i thought it was just me!

so

i burnt that board yesterday post skunk for NAUGHT??????????

guess i will cancel my appt with the voodoo lady to remove my bad joss

5. T-Bone

T-Bone Active Member

We'll keep in touch then. Hey by the way, I see you've taken all of the avatar advice and waded through it all to make the most sound choice possible.

Is that grush or g-Coast????

Maybe you could adjust the location via Springsteen to "Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey"

6. Silk123

Silk123 Active Member

Feb 11, 2005
    USA New Jersey
    T-bone, depending on the timing of this cold front, we might end up getting skunked for this weekend. This is a strong cold front with winter-like offshores (25-30 kt gusts) on the backside which will blow it flat within a half-day. It might be decent for a few hours on Friday but it might not hold up til Saturday.

7. T-Bone

T-Bone Active Member

Silk, thanks for the more detailed info. I guess it's a little early to know if anything will hang around until Sat. AM

T

8. MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA
    Drumhead Buddha wrote:
    You callin yesterday a skunk? If so you are a kook....:dude:

9. g-unit

g-unit New Member

Apr 2, 2006
    USA New Jersey
    take'em as they come.....i was "sick" yesterday and hit it good with my brothers and roomate from 10-1. Chest hihg some bigger sets....real suprise was late last night...looked kind of crappy right before dark but god was it fun....shoulder to head high lightning fast lefts into 1-2 feet of water. That was a really good suprise session..last guy out of the water got shacked for two to three seconds before coming out clean. I love nice suprises. Will be in seaside this weekend just hope the waves will too!