Jacobs Bolt

MarkCondon777

Dec 18, 2020
OcMd
053B7107-5224-4E46-9752-DAC24A2A1CD1.jpeg

I’m going to fix the tail and make this water tight. Curious if anyone can share what this is? Hap Jacobs? It’s 70’s style thick in the top 3rd. Singlefin. The fin has a leash loop. The lightning bolt ⚡️ throws me off. Did Hap do Bolts?

tuskedbeast

May 25, 2020
San Francisco
Lotsa people slapped 'bolts" on boards back then.

But hopefully someone here will know if Jacobs did capital B Bolts. I kind of doubt it though- Bolt made their own.

Classic shape. My first board was a Weber swallow with the same planshape. Airbrushed to look like uncooked meat. Ironically, your board is far more tasteful.

MarkCondon777

Dec 18, 2020
OcMd
Lotsa people slapped 'bolts" on boards back then.

But hopefully someone here will know if Jacobs did capital B Bolts. I kind of doubt it though- Bolt made their own.

Classic shape. My first board was a Weber swallow with the same planshape. Airbrushed to look like uncooked meat. Ironically, your board is far more tasteful.
The shaper is Jeff Widener. I think he shaped for Jacobs in the mid 70’s. Jeff seems to shape for Lost now. Still researching

Veterano

Aug 29, 2013
LOL. No, Hap did not do "Bolts" and he had nothing to do with his logo at that time. There were literally thousands of boards built then that put a lighting bolt ob the deck. Means nada.