Instagram Surf Stoke?

Nalu

Jan 19, 2021
Gualala, CA
Fellow Jammers have recommended several epic instagram accounts that were not on my radar, and I’m curious to know whether there are other gems I am missing out on. What are your top recommendations for surf-centric instagram accounts?

Proposed, non-exhaustive, categories could include: 1) shapers, 2) alternative surfers (i.e. non-competitors/“non-mainstream” - let’s say, Jam-vibe surf peeps), 3) vintage boards, 4) surf memorabilia/culture/history, 5) ocean/waves/environment, 6) your account/fellow Jammers you recommend, 7) weirdest/most random accounts (kind of scared to see what will come up…)

Here are a few of mine: favorite shaper has been Ryan Lovelace (for the insight he shares on board-building), favorite surfer has been Torren Martyn (for the surf trip pics), vintage boards is obviously Shred Sledz, memorabilia has been "Longboarder" for the vintage surf gems, and pro photographer Lloyd Meudell for his stunning waves photos.

---updated with input from Jammers below---

Shapers/Crafts
Ryan Lovelace
Josh Martin
Mackie Designs
FinFlex
Vanity Surfboards
Electrofish Surfboards
Matt Kazuma Kinoshita
James Kenneth Phillips
Mike McBride
Nettleton
Tom Curtiss
Alex Villalobos (Superwolf)
Bruce Fowler

Surfers
Ari Browne
Torren Martyn
NobodySurf
Deni Pirdaus
Paul Ferraris
Corey Colapinto Surfboards
Mike Lay
Warbey
Matt Chojnacki
JJ Wessels
Michael February
Josh Seemann
Surfers of Bali
Devon Howard
Lograp
Joel Tudor
Nathan Florence
Peter Mel
Russel Bierke
Mexi LogFest
Harrison Roach
Toots
TK Chas
Hiro 1963

Vintage Boards
Shred Sledz
The Vintage Surfboard

Surf Memorabilia/Culture/History
Longboarder
The Surfer's Journal
Old Surfer Mags
Liquid Salt
Blue Mag

Ocean/Waves/Environment
Lloyd Meudell
Morgan Maassen
Luke Gartside
Ben Thouard
Tim Bonython
U-SKE
Kuni Takayami

Jammers
Jory
Patrick Riley
Mike Lang
Ricksurfin
Hullyahomie

Random
Kook of the Day
Snarl Up

Last edited:

Nalu

Jan 19, 2021
Gualala, CA
Is kook of the day an Instagram acount or just your take on the topic at hand?

take-a-bow-gif-5.gif

txgrinder

Jan 11, 2020
Texas USA
I pretty much unfollowed every surf account I used to enjoy. They inevitably always go towards a bent of having an opinion on how we should then live and not staying on the topic at hand. I don't wanna listen to a surfer's opinion on world events anymore than I wanna listen to a badminton player's view on gender equality or lack thereof. I follow two who do not do this and have long enough to know they never will. Follow @miscreant .....no bullshit and great photos of stoke.