Informal Ventura Jamboard logjam?

sk8thom

Jul 10, 2007
USA California
Lol!

My fiance and I had some time to kill on the way to Santa Barbara yesterday so we pulled off at Mondo's to walk to Pitas but not before watching all the culture clash of surf lessons on the inside and the goof troop of other surfer's out back.

Funny enough C street is as goofy now as Mondos was when we moved here 4 years ago.
Goofier I think. More entitled a**holes from down South. Guy wanted me to give up my spot to him because he came late. When I declined he said "that sucks" my reply, "yes, for you"

FirstPointEric

May 9, 2010
USA California and Nashville, TNN
Love to get together when I'm out there in July, Mike. Out there the 4th until the 12th, then briefly (2 days) again on the rebound from a family reunion/sendoff for my dad on O'ahu in the middle of the month. If the June meetup goes well, perhaps a reprise will occur. If not, I'll be happy to come north for waves, tacos and beer.

KDenning

May 14, 2015
Ventura, CA
I think we can start honing in on a date.

My last day of work for the year is June 11th and we move out for the summer on June 30th so I’m good for June 12/13 or June 26/27.

Can we get some input on which of those weekends works best and then narrow it down to a Saturday or Sunday??

takedown

Jun 26, 2017
Eugene, OR
June 13th would be awesome. I'll be camping up in Santa Barbara for 3 days and could drive down for a couple of hours.

KDenning

May 14, 2015
Ventura, CA
Alright!!

So there's one for June 13th!

And to be honest I doubt anyone is coming from farther away than Eugene so that goes a long way in my book.

Nilus

Jun 30, 2008
We'll be on our annual stay down in San Clemente by then, but maybe I can go to San O that day and hassle people for parking spots in some kind of cosmic unity with my northern brethren.

pintail

Feb 19, 2004
LA, California
Might be able to make it if my wife's trip with her sisters isn't at the same time. (Two large male Dobermans with attitudes that preclude the dog hotels around here).

takedown

Jun 26, 2017
Eugene, OR
If more folks can come another day, no worries about making it work on the 13th, I'll only be able to come down for a couple hours to surf and then will need to head back to camp with my extended family. I'd be game to meet up with people throughout the week as I'll be in and around C-Street / Malibu / San O / Beacons / San Elijo.

And as I mentioned in the NorCal deals thread, if someone needs a board moved south from Oregon / Sacramento / Santa Cruz / Santa Barbara there will be some room in the van.

Appreciate it @KDenning.