I'm in Santa Monica tomorrow afternoon -- where should I surf?

Fubar

Jul 21, 2005
Cambridge, MA
I'm finished with work at 11am tomorrow. I'm in Santa Monica and have a car, don't need to be at the airport until 8pm. Suggestions please on where to surf and where to rent a board (not picky).
thanks, ed

ted

Aug 25, 2008
USA California
Not much surf is forecasted tomorrow, bummer for you. But if you look at the Malibu Cam, there are some small thigh high peelers right now. If it is still surf able tomorrow, I will be there between 7am to 10am ish.

Maybe we could meet and you can borrow one of my boards and drop it off at my house near LAX airport when you are done. I am just a couple of miles from the airport.

If you want to surf closer to the airport, then look at Manhattan Beach. The break is called El Porto. And there is El Porto Surf shop on Highland, I think they rent boards there. It is just one block from the break, walking distance. I hope you brought a wetsuit. But the water is definitely warmer than Rye NH.
good luckted

Fubar

Jul 21, 2005
Cambridge, MA
Guys,

Thanks for the offers, truly generous.

Work ended up taking most of the day. I grabbed a quick session at El Porto. It was bumpy and mushy, but, it had to be done.