I’ve been eating A bag of dicks on my mini Simmons. Any tips?

Bruce Fowler

Jul 28, 2018
California
I shaped one but couldn't bring myself to have it glassed.

I saw a Yater version in the factory & it looked exactly like a Yater longboard except chopped in half. I wonder how it worked...?

I don't get the, keep feeling like I'd have to charge half price.

"Bag of Dicks" is that a snack from London or Manchester? Do it require a pint or to in order to quaff them down?

Spaceee

Aug 7, 2021
Oahu
A lot of people here have a lot more experience than me, but I love the hell out of my MS so I'll chime in and reinforce what the folks said about low center of gravity, more neutral instead of back-foot heavy stance, and lots of rail to rail rolling action

But also, more information would help. What are your height/weight, what kind of waves are you surfing, what are the dims and fin setup on your MS?

Edit: ninjaed by Skegg on the details part :)
Rail to rail seems to be correct. I’ve road it knee to a little overhead and mushy and a little hollow. The board slips out a lot because I stand tall

606venezia

Jul 28, 2021
Agua Fria
I'm surprised to hear about that spinning thing. I'm riding a Vernor and while it feels loose rail to rail (and has a little less rail to drive off than I would like sometimes), the fins hold well. At (my) max speed I have to grab rail to get enough leverage to do a cutback. But it has NVS split keels that seem to have a lot of grab

Spaceee

Aug 7, 2021
Oahu
I'm surprised to hear about that spinning thing. I'm riding a Vernor and while it feels loose rail to rail (and has a little less rail to drive off than I would like sometimes), the fins hold well. At (my) max speed I have to grab rail to get enough leverage to do a cutback. But it has NVS split keels that seem to have a lot of grab
Hmm maybe spinning isn’t the correct word. It feels slippery and it seems to hydroplane type of feeling. Very different feeling

Spaceee

Aug 7, 2021
Oahu
The board excelerates if my back foot is in a certain spot but I’m not always in that position. I like that feeling