How was your surf today?....share your stoke!

SdSurferguy

Oct 18, 2006
USA
LOL when CA residents complain about the cold.

It's brutal.

IMG_8493.jpeg

Zzz

Aug 15, 2017
CA
Cmon over to our side of town. Enjoy some ice cream headaches and microscopic slushy tubes. Pic from just now.

View attachment 38488
Hey, when it’s that small you don’t have to go under so there are no ice cream headaches. It snowed 8” where I am in MA today so I’m glad I surfed yesterday. All in all though I think it’s been pretty mild. Global warming slowly coming through for the NE United States.

Last edited:

mightyrime

Nov 10, 2020
oceanside ca
I know :)

I used my new 4/3 wetsuit today, hood and booties and was warm!

There was a really nice English next to me today who had no booties nor gloves and he was commenting how this cold was nothing compared to England.

I read somewhere once that your skin / pores adjust to your environment after you lived there for 4 years.

I get cold when it’s in the 40s in California now.

I did 7 nyc winters, 4 Chicago winters, and grew up in Colorado. So at one point I could handle the cold… not so much now.

dingdong

Jan 14, 2013
USA California
first 2022 session yesterday at Huntington Beach...couple of fun ones...still working on surfing off the tail/backfoot...I got a couple right but it's so hard to not just revert to mid board cruising

icecreamheadache

Jan 14, 2006
Great session today. Super crowded at one of our Surfline camgirl waves down the street. Onshore. Lumpy windswell shit we’ve had all week- crumbly but walled at the same time. Slept in and got it at its shittiest and most crowded. Paddled right into the thick of it. 80-something GenZ kids on logs and a couplea old fucks. It was all smiles and laughs and party waves and no hassles (cept for the sweeper with the moustache that clearly shows he can’t be within 100 yards of a school). Really love the young people these days both in the water and at punk shows and working retail. They are so much nicer and more considerate than we were in the ‘80s and ‘90s. Didn’t get nearly as many waves as usual but fuck was it a nice positive sesh…

Members online