How was your surf today?....share your stoke!

MASErides

Nov 18, 2020
Long Beach, CA
Cold snap hit last couple days with wind chills below zero but this afternoon we had a welcomed and a little unexpected waist high bump. 21° with wind chill 12° sunny and offshore, handful in the lineup and plenty of fun ones on the Mits Modern Classic. Time for beers, Bruins and a burning fire.....needed that!!
Jesus, more power to ya! ... I wear a 4/3 and a hood in 58 degree water lol

Flip756

Mar 4, 2016
USA North Carolina
Found the right window when the tide was shifting yesterday, totally worth the hour drive north. Met two buddies, had it to ourselves for about 20 minutes before the rest of the island (slight exaggeration) decided to grab a few with us. Tasty local beers in the backyard afterwards was just the icing on the cake.

Attachments

• 31ECB20B-7014-4915-8B9D-FE5FC9C5331A.jpeg
    31ECB20B-7014-4915-8B9D-FE5FC9C5331A.jpeg
    35 KB · Views: 29

NCJohn

Oct 27, 2015
Wilmington, NC
We picked up a drone for my dad for Christmas to shoot some video of his boat and travels. We thought he'd like it since he's a techy engineer (retired) but he can't put it down. He has his own youtube channel now and we spliced this edit together of a few waves from yesterday. It was s all and closing out but I think he did a good job.

DanSan

Jun 7, 2012
Soquel,CA
This is will have to be a dual /triple thread post(wide tail logs..osprey-dane perlee boards)..ha
5 months of self rehab with Sutter PT
Updates...i had a hairline fibula fracture...poss. CF ligament tear...and strained peronius brevius tendon..
Yeah i done did it good..i reckon..
Anyway...was just gonna paddle..get the cobwebs outta my noodle arms...maybe. maybe belly ride a wave in..
All good ..2 belly rides.. hands freezing.but stoke meter on the up tick..huge..
Last wave..i dunno what happened..
I just got up ...and 10.0 osprey speed demon..took off ....and i got a nice long inside point wave. Daaaaang..
Shock doctor bio-logic ankle brace solid but not cumbersome..the board..wow..
Paddles easily..stable..not tippy...yet nible
And quick on a turns...and fast...fast fast
....a keeper fo shure.
Well..nap time .then i gotta teach a class at 5
Later..

Man

Last edited:

Tlri

Oct 30, 2017
Rhode island
Stoked!!!
2 hours in the water with a rotation of others coming and going but never more than 4 of us out at once.
32 degree air 36 degree water and a light 5 knots offshore. Small little thigh high peelers setting up great for the 11’ Mitsven.
Finding the sweet spot on that board. Stalling, speeding up with couple steps forward and fading left while switching to goofy.
Fun to play on a uncrowded day and let the mind unwind from the day to day crap it gets caught up in.

Last edited:

FalseDawn

Dec 21, 2015
Aquidneck Island Rhode Island
Stoked!!!
2 hours in the water with a rotation of others coming and going but never more than 4 of us out at once.
32 degree air 36 degree water and a light 5 knots offshore. Small little thigh high peelers setting up great for the 11’ Mitsven.
Finding the sweet spot on that board. Stalling, speeding up with couple steps forward and fading left while switching to goofy.
Fun to play on a uncrowded day and let the mind unwind from the day to day crap it gets caught up in.
Nice!
If you were where I think, I saw you and a few out there. I played hooky from work in the p.m. yesterday and hit the beach for a 2 1/2 hr. session until my arms were ready to fall off and I couldn't tell if my left foot was still attached. Some really fun clean chest sets coming through and peeling into the corner. Like you said, great way to let the mind unwind and just be in the moment.... Please sir, I want some more.