How was your surf today?....share your stoke!

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Cuttlefish, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Justino

Justino Active Member

Nov 15, 2016
    Fun weekend of surf. Blown out Bolsa was still fun on the 4th Gear Flyers yesterday. Super clean for logging this morning at the not so secret spot. Back to the grind tomorrow.

WesCantDress, Driftwood and dingdong like this.
  2. walkingtheplank

walkingtheplank Active Member

Aug 2, 2004
    wherever i am
    MSW said 2-3ft & glassy for today...wake up & check all the cams - flat as a pancake. then check the regional MTB trail system FB groups - all the singletrack is flooded. so what the fuck to do?? finally broke out the Foil Tail & skated Goodwill parking lot on N. Wickham for 45 min. w/Bryan!!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    WesCantDress likes this.
  3. hankster

hankster Active Member

Nov 12, 2013
    USA California
    OBSF had a case of morning sickness this AM. Surflie forecast increasing NW winds in the PM, boy were they wrong. Regardless, it was far from epic with two swells running from different directions and a bit jumbled, but quite glassy. Initially sets were a couple of feet overhead. Best were the lefts, the 8'2" Mitsven Magic is just that, magic. Goes as well backside as it does frontside.

4. tuskedbeast

tuskedbeast Active Member

May 25, 2020
    San Francisco
    Love when them getting it wrong is us getting it right!

WesCantDress, glider_boy and hankster like this.
  5. Bummer Dude

Bummer Dude Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2019
    Oak View
    Had one of my best surfs in a long while late morning today. Still glassy conditions with receding not too high tide at a south county beach break. Chest high and peaky and the inside wasn't clamping down. Made for a lot of fun on the 7'10 vbowls, frontside and backside lol. Some fun turns cranked and lots of room to trim. Felt good.

6. walkingtheplank

walkingtheplank Active Member

Aug 2, 2004
    wherever i am
    finally scored some junky NE 1-3ft @ Hightower this afternoon w/AC - caught 4 bona fide lefts amongst the endless maintenance paddle. coupla hot chicks on the beach, & hazy sun for most of the sesh. October has been shit for waves down here so far...

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020 at 12:36 PM
  7. SdSurferguy

SdSurferguy Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    USA
    I woke up to this photo today from my brother. It's a spot that rarely breaks, over 20 miles from open ocean down a fjord. The tide push combined with perfect N swell direction = 3 hours of shoulder high lefts. 45* water temp. And the first snow of the season on the mountains.

IMG_4095.jpg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020 at 11:38 AM
  8. shadydave

shadydave Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
  9. SdSurferguy

SdSurferguy Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    USA
    He was stoked, he usually drives 3-7hrs one way for good quality surf. This was closer to home. He heard about it from locals the last couple years but didn't really believe it actually existed.

10. waveslider619

waveslider619 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2017
    SD
    secret spot...