How was your surf today?....share your stoke!

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Cuttlefish, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Tlri

Tlri Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Rhode island
    My attempt at humor.
    9’10” noserider from Phillips.
    Definitely the prettiest board I own.
    Craftsmanship is undeniable.

Andrew Johnson and Patrick Riley like this.
  2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2014
    France
    Crossed the dunes to perfect little summer waves today. Very light offshores that didn't disturb the glass, waist to shoulder peelers... drop knee after the first section, take a high line... climb and drop, cutback again, line up for the little section all the way to the beach. Lots of people in the water, but it was one of those days that it seemed like only a few were paying attention. Shift a bit, grab a swing set, paddle out. Shift inside, grab a little peeler, paddle out. Repeat again and again. Home by 10 and stoked!

3. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Nice dawn patrol today. Two little stokers: (1) I have to laugh -- every time I think I'm going to be the first guy in the water, I'll see these younger dudes already suited up walking onto the beach with their boards. I sure as hell wasn't waking up to hit DP when I was their age. Good for them, they're always on it. (2) I was talking to an older guy in the lineup about how he had to give up surfing for a while due to his knees. He finally recovered from surgery a couple years ago and has just getting back in the water this year. I saw him line up a nice long one -- you could see the stoke radiating from him as he zipped down the line. He seemed even more stoked when he realized a couple of us saw his wave and gave him some hoots. Like they say, the best surfer in the water is the one having the most fun.

20200727.jpg

4. strez

strez Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Hamilton, Massachusetts
    Looks fun! I hit the beach this AM up on Cape Ann, but it was flat so my 11 yo son and I did a bit of surfcasting. Fun times!

unnamed.jpg

5. Makawaosurfer93

Makawaosurfer93 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2007
    USA New Jersey
    Caught the end of day session here in NJ just north of where Chilly Willy usually goes out. Waist high peelers with a west wind made for a really fun time. Paddled out where no one was for some reason and then guys paddled out after I caught a few. No problem, plenty to go around. The f'in Green Heads were eating me up though. West wind and 95° air temps bring those Mf'ers out in force, I have a few welts from the walk/run back to the car post session. Well worth it now that I have eaten and showered and I have time to reflect on how lucky I am to live close to the beach.

Chilly Willy, NCJohn, deemce and 2 others like this.
  6. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Nice! I had a feeling that the evening session would have also been good.

7. Backyard B

Backyard B Member

Mar 10, 2020
    Virginia Beach
    My 9 year old just paddled into his own waves as well as caught a few before they broke: both firsts for him. His two summertime goals scratched off the list.

Bonzourno and Tlri like this.
  8. Tenfooter

Tenfooter Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    USA Rhode Island
    Last night there was a board transfer from nyc going to RI
    Stan ( Lackosense ) brought the board to me
    But it wasn’t enough
    So we took the old school Kawasaki stand up
    And we ripped it at Norwalk then we had Mexican food
    and
    Two jammers super happy 745FFB24-A09C-47CD-8EF6-956872AB4173.jpeg

deemce and Backyard B like this.
  9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2014
    France
    Killer little session again this morning. A bit smaller than forecast, but lots of waist to shoulder high waves to be had. Pretty glassy, lined up rights and lefts, not too crowded even though I didn't hit the water until eight. My daughter took some photos, the lighting was great, and the ambiance in the water was really mellow.

Walking back over the dune, there was a non-stop line of people arriving. It's supposed to go over one hundred degrees today, and everyone and their extended family appears to be heading to the coast. I'd forgotten what really crowded beaches were like and am glad we got out of there by ten!

WesCantDress and Tenfooter like this.
  10. Ricksurfin

Ricksurfin Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2019
    San Clemente, CA
    Extended flat spell here in SoCal, so no stoke to share. Been getting out in the dribblers just to stay in paddling shape for when a swell eventually comes.