How was your surf today?....share your stoke!

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Cuttlefish, Sep 27, 2012.

1. T-Bone

T-Bone Active Member

Glad to hear you’re getting some good ones! Due to work, school, etc... I have had a few sessions recently & each time I have caught the wind shifting and really snotting things up. 1st sessions caught waist to chest 1st 45mins were good, then wind shifted to South & killed it. Next session blowing SE, and 10 - 15mph + ( beachumbrella’s were tumbling) = 3 waves & a quarter mile walk back... lol. it’s still water time & that I Love, but Timing is everything!

2. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Arrr, I feel your pain! Hoping the timing works out better for you soon!

3. Flip756

Flip756 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2016
    USA North Carolina
    Beat the sun this morning, brought a 10'6 and 11' and traded with my buddy until he had to start running the camps. Work by 7:30 with a good stoke to start the morning. Something about being the first in the water always makes me smile.

Makawaosurfer93 likes this.
  4. SdSurferguy

SdSurferguy Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    USA
    Picked up a new board today, if someone could put a nickel in the wave generator machine I'd really appreciate it!

5. Ricksurfin

Ricksurfin Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2019
    San Clemente, CA
    If I had to put a nickel in the wave machine every time you got a new board, I’d be in the poorhouse. Lol. Congrats, what did you get?

6. SdSurferguy

SdSurferguy Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    USA
    Ha! I don't order many customs, this was a splurge trying to keep $$$ flowing to the local surfboard manufacturing economy post shutdown. It's a 7'6 egg. I'll post some photos later.

I haven't surfed in a few weeks but we did drive out of town last night to view NEOWISE from the mountains. It was worth the drive. Though today I inexplicably found myself shopping for new Nikes...

Couch likes this.
  7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2014
    France
    Semi-sunrise session today. Yesterday the surf was small and clean and glassy and today was supposed to be the same - perfect to at long last try out my 9'5" balsa pig. So waxed it up last night, got to the beach just after sunrise to a gorgeous Wyomingesque sky and... small windchopped crossed swell.

Paddled out and had a blast. Picked up a few waist high waves to open the ball and see how this board rides. Then grabbed a couple of bigger sets and really started to enjoy it. It's light for what it is (hollow blank, glassed light with 4+4/4 s-cloth and all epoxy, even the gloss) which made for a really interesting ride - more reactive than a usual board of this type but still the inertia and dampening of a wood board. Stoked as all get-out on this one!

Chilly Willy and Makawaosurfer93 like this.
  8. walkingtheplank

walkingtheplank Active Member

Aug 2, 2004
    wherever i am
    surfed Blockhouse yesterday for about 90 minutes - 2-3ft windswell w/a 6-7 sec. period. light ESE winds didn't really affect it too badly...@ least some lines to catch. hot sunny day @ 89 degrees...typical CFL summer conditions w/stupid tourons in the carpark to boot

Thunder Chicken likes this.
  9. hankster

hankster Active Member

Nov 12, 2013
    USA California
    Checked OB on the way home from work this AM, finally the wind had let up. It was crumbly, not white capped. Time to drive south. Passed by the more crowded destinations. Good call. Came around the bend to a beautiful San Mateo County spot, bingo! Thigh to belly high, glassy with the slightest amount of warble. In light of the recent, awesome Bonzer thread, the 9' E-Wing LB was the call.

Driftwood, kpd73 and Couch like this.
  10. Freddibetts

Freddibetts Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    USA New York
    Had fun little eagle glider sesh w stan. 80 deg air and 73 water before sunrise. Almost made a board transfer mid wave. Mellow soft peeler thigh waves to keep the stoke going. Gliders been a game changer on tiny days this far

Attached Files:

kpd73 likes this.