How do you guys fly with your boards?

jonbiz

Jan 11, 2016
Wilmington NC
I wrap the rails with foam pipe insulation. Put both boards in day bags. They go in a light weight double bag. Dings happen. I only flew once with a double bag with a 10’2 and 9 foot. Was a pain carrying them throughout the airport when you come back. I personally won’t fly with any over 8’6 now.

Reactions: JTS

Jrwagoner

Feb 13, 2021
Oceanside
Traveled a few times with boards. I just put them in a double travel bag as normal. A friend flew down From Alaska with his board. It was just packed in a single travel bag. We didn’t do anything special. Maybe we just lucky, because the boards all fared well.

Tenfooter

Nov 12, 2014
USA Rhode Island
regardless of what you do, those fuckers WILL damage your boards. They are just monkeys handling cargo. They DON'T care.
So don't bring your Jp or Coop thinking it will arive undamaged. Prepare for the worst case scenario. Even they will loose your boards for days, if you have to do connections .
I ve seen it/ experience it all.
Spent days packing them taking care of every angel. And they still fuck them up.
Sorry to rain on your parade, but shit happens.

sam

Nov 16, 2020
SF
I just flew with a board to Costa Rica via Delta with a layover. No dings or any signs of man handling. Wrapped the rails with pipe insulation, boxed the nose and tail up with cardboard and sandwiched it with insulation board. The flights were so empty, my board was one of the only things in oversized baggage.

Tenfooter

Nov 12, 2014
USA Rhode Island
Hey smukes
You grow balls again!!! That’s awesome
I’m glad for you
Your wife let you post this ?
What a macho you are !!
Don’t forget to take your testosterone pills , if not this is just a plasma peak in hormones , then you go back to your usual
Pussy status.
Congrats big man !!