how about a thread "just what were they thinking"

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Surfnfish, May 11, 2018.

1. GT

GT Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA California
    Don. Yes, that was the one.

2. Ticowannabe

Ticowannabe Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    ya Tom, Steve talked me into a turbo fin in the mid 1990's too...neither felt right for me, i think he must have a good margin on both...
    then there was all the century plant "wood" neither steve nor terry senate wanted to trim it out so it could be glued up. They gave a lot of it to me and said they were not going to mess with it but if i did it, they'd shape me a board out of it. there was enough for about 4 boards...it was horrible and we all gave up on it.

3. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    PNW
    John, that new clear deck patch is called GryptaLite sold through Surfsystems, LLC. Here's a link: www.surf-systems.net They were at the Boardroom last week ( I didn't make it). Guys went gagaga over the stuff but like I said, I'll stick with wax for now.

Surfnfish and Ticowannabe like this.
  4. dsquare

dsquare Active Member

May 16, 2013
    USA Hawaii
  5. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    PNW
    Hahahahaha! d! I thought those were your boards you were trying to unload! LOL! That Terry Martin is sweet but maybe a wee over priced? Calling First Point Eric! What ya say about the Hobie Terry Martin??????

JMJackFish likes this.
  6. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Devils Lake, Oregon Coast
    every session starts with waxing a board...part of the whole deal

hankster likes this.
  7. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
  8. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016
  9. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Devils Lake, Oregon Coast
    [​IMG]

wonder when was the last time someone actually surfed with their foot on the last 3" of a 9'6..

10. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    I do wax all the way back there because w/o a leash, having your outstretched fingertips be able to grasp that last 1" may save you a swim. For feet? Maybe not, but few slips are as painful as your misplaced back sliding off the tail and your ankle bone and then your calf rake the area. #shithappens. And for the record, keep that shitpictured off your board on on a pool deck. Kids, NO RUNNING!