History/Origin of Jamboards

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Spritzer, Jul 25, 2020.

1. slosurf

slosurf Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2004
    USA Maryland
    Heading back to the beach. Anyone need anything schlepped from Atlantic Beach NC area to DC area? Going north Friday.

Makawaosurfer93 likes this.
  2. PeakMaster

PeakMaster Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey CMC
    Likewise slo....still riding and loving the two Hansens you sold me...well my son rides the blue one and I ride the 50/50.
    Glad to see you punching in Sir!

3. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Thanks for the trip down memory lane Slo.

4. Spritzer

Spritzer Active Member

Apr 27, 2019
    Virginia Beach
    thanks everyone for posting the interesting stories and cool pictures! was great to hear what everyone had to say

walkingtheplank and PeakMaster like this.
  5. Jook

Jook Active Member

May 6, 2005
    USA
  6. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    So does anybody else remember the campfire after dinner? There was a fair (large) amount of libation, including some nice Jameson hand carried from Ireland by Paudie, Crabcakes was doing some yoga moves (!!!), but just a bunch of old friends that had just met that day. Al did a stone soup for dinner ( I helped because we had to make sure the cooks got a libation head start on the rest) and we were sitting around talking story and laughing a bit too much (evidently). Hard to see outside of the campfire light circle, but I start seeing something moving outside that had me getting jerky. A minute later two guys in uniform come walking into the light, turns out they are state park rangers responding to a noise complaint. The guy in the next campsite didn't bother coming over to ask us to keep it down, just called the cops. Rangers were nice guys, they see we aren't going to be troublemakers, and we talked a bit, but there is still something happening outside of the firelight. Come to find out they had backup from the Sheriff's Office, total of 6 responding officers/deputies. God knows what that guy told them, our major offense was laughing too loud. All agreed that maybe it was a good time to hit the rack and we did so (although there was a couple of passes by the Rangers to make sure). It was a great surf trip, a great night, back to the beach in the morning for more fun.

7. poidog

poidog Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Maryland
  8. GT

GT Active Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA California
    Thanks for the pics slo. Great memories.

Yes, the boys are now almost grown. Oldest passed his driving test today. They both surf, the youngest (15 in 2 weeks) is surfing the hell out of that board I shaped with Robert August just after the '05 gathering.

9. Mango Bill

Mango Bill Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2006
    USA California
    Man SLOsurf,you are holding the goods for photos,the 2007 2009 ones were good times
    Mango

10. T-Bone

T-Bone Active Member

What a great trip through the years, characters & memories of this forum. A few looks through the years but many more good folk & stoke here. Was not able to make it out to San O, which is a regret for sure.(closest to that I got was the old NJ Logjam contest) But have met, surfed with and dealt with some Great people. and learned much along the way. Always remember Pat (NJL) having a bunch of us to his house,(at the time) to hang out and going over & Surfing Dog Beach! Thanks for the pics & history Brian!