Hilbers Stoke

nineohtoo

Apr 13, 2021
Pacifica, CA
Rode the Hot Gen posted by @MeatHeadDeath today in some sad and dumpy beach break wind swell with very low expectations. Maybe waist to stomach high with some push? Some rights that would start out fat, but drain on the inside. I would have taken out my Serena but I was curious...

I got into waves ridiculously early, got so much speed on high lines, that I didn't bother trying to move too forward on it (I usually end up in the front third of other hulls I enjoy), and kinda stayed in the middle. I was pleasantly surprised with how easy it was to control with that wide tail and have myself not completely outrun the pocket. It ate up chop and didn't hesitate when a section would stand up and get steep. I even managed a fun left which I almost never do on a hull. It definitely feels like a longboard alternative for those who like round bottoms but need extra foam to fight crowds and adult learners. Would love to try a 7'6" so I can take it into bigger waves like this:

Probably a blasphemous question, but is it worth considering an MPE Wildcat? Now I regret getting my V8 from Bruce so short, I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more if it was at least 7'0".

MeatHeadDeath

Mar 10, 2021
SF Bay Area
Enjoyed watching your speed and trim this AM. Stoked for you to demo it — that board is legit.

Rode the Hot Gen posted by @MeatHeadDeath today in some sad and dumpy beach break wind swell with very low expectations. Maybe waist to stomach high with some push? Some rights that would start out fat, but drain on the inside. I would have taken out my Serena but I was curious...

I got into waves ridiculously early, got so much speed on high lines, that I didn't bother trying to move too forward on it (I usually end up in the front third of other hulls I enjoy), and kinda stayed in the middle. I was pleasantly surprised with how easy it was to control with that wide tail and have myself not completely outrun the pocket. It ate up chop and didn't hesitate when a section would stand up and get steep. I even managed a fun left which I almost never do on a hull. It definitely feels like a longboard alternative for those who like round bottoms but need extra foam to fight crowds and adult learners. Would love to try a 7'6" so I can take it into bigger waves like this:

Probably a blasphemous question, but is it worth considering an MPE Wildcat? Now I regret getting my V8 from Bruce so short, I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more if it was at least 7'0".

Last edited:

listentoalienworkshop

Nov 21, 2020
Los Angeles

I have an 8'1 HG and I find myself lazy and not moving forward often because it does just fly.

I had the wildcat... it was totally fine and I learned the v bottom vibe when I couldn't easily grab one of these shapes but it's not as foiled, glassed paper thin and more "automatic transmission" feeling and less "standard." Not that you can make super sharp turns on the hot gen but it felt a bit more limited on the mpe which was a mix of user error and design. The wildcats totally work though, but def a difference in feeling that may not be worth paying for if you have something way more fun, albeit longer.

heavymetalshop

Nov 29, 2020
405/101/10
When I picked up my 76, Brian told me.. HG, spice is in the tail. Be zen on the tail for the first few weeks ;)

damn inflation, no stoke… $$$$$$$$
Check out this item on OfferUp. https://offerup.co/yq8gC7BGBsb
When I was self shaping a riff on a hot gen, I was actually working with a shaper. It was a total miss on the tail shape. Mainly that tucked under edge in the hot gen. That is masterful work.

Members online