Hilbers Stoke

Okratron2000

Jun 21, 2022
Los Angeles
I thought about jumping on that too. How does it turn? What kind of waves does it like? Thanks.
It isn't as nimble as a similarly sized fish but if the waves have some size it turns pretty well. I surfed it this past weekend in clean knee to waist high surf and it went well and caught waves but I feel like it definitely is a lot more fun in waist to head high surf. I think it prefers a more slopey open faced wave as opposed to a steeper more peakey wave. Because of the tail width I have had a hard time going backside when it gets steeper. What I like about the board is that it has that engaged rail feeling that you get will hulls. The rails on this thing are about as knifey as the ones on my Klaus Jones.

shadydave

Mar 10, 2014
Ayer Ma USA
Sweet, is that the same or similar to the SOS?

listentoalienworkshop

Nov 21, 2020
Los Angeles
IMG_5650.png

Did my best @Yosh impression today on a smaller but clean porto on this 8'1. It doesn't have as many corners to turn off as other boards but you can push it and it's always blast. Thanks to @HMRKS again for hooking this one up way back when :)

Yosh

Jan 31, 2019
El Segundo
View attachment 46264
Did my best @Yosh impression today on a smaller but clean porto on this 8'1. It doesn't have as many corners to turn off as other boards but you can push it and it's always blast. Thanks to @HMRKS again for hooking this one up way back when :)
Nice! I finally dusted off my 7'6" last week (?) lol
I'm so hooked with logging pushing myself on 3'-4'days too, but when gundo goes choppy with bunch of peaks all over, HG comes in handy heh