help picking a new surf vehic

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by cuda, Aug 4, 2017.

1. thomas

thomas Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    San Diego
    Any more details on the Transit? Size, mods, etc...looks killer...

2. ac95

ac95 Active Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Los Angeles,California
    looking at buying a used Toyota Seqouia, 4Runner, Lexus GX/LX. Any of you guys have experience with these vehicles? Would like to fit my 10’ glassed on Fin longboards in them.

Wade In The Waves likes this.
  3. Spritzer

Spritzer Active Member

Apr 27, 2019
    Virginia Beach
    I have an 06 4runner, I love it. It's awesome rolling down that back window and siding the board in. I'm at 166k , drove it coast to coast twice in under a year and numerous trips up and down the east coast. I wouldn't hesitate to get in it right now and drive anywhere. 4wd has worked great in both sand and snow. I think it's a great beach vehicle.

Artz and thomas like this.
  4. Shaneoconnor

Shaneoconnor Member

May 7, 2019
    Los angeles
    I have a 2006 Honda Element. I love this car. It is the best surf vehicle for urban living. Decent to good MPG. I can fit multiple 10' real longboards inside of it (with the front seat down). I regularly drive with 2-4 shortboards in the back and a single fin log on the roof racks. Minimal issues.

ac95 likes this.
  5. Wade In The Waves

Wade In The Waves Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    Which would you like to know about? done tons of research on all of them or helped buddies get into them. I own a 2006 LX470 and 1999 Landcruiser and have had others and am in the process of buying others. 4Runner and GX460/470 are going to be basically the same. LX470/Landcruiser basically the same. I know you can fit 10' longboards in a landcruiser/LX470, but tight with a glass on. Sequoia should be about the same.

ac95 likes this.
  6. Mizrachi

Mizrachi Active Member

May 16, 2013
    If I can fit a 10'6 in my RX330, I'm pretty sure a 10' w/glass on would work in an LX/GX

ac95 likes this.
  7. Bummer Dude

Bummer Dude Active Member

Jul 8, 2019
    Ventura
    Saw this on the county line cam a while ago, another perfect tacoma surf rig. ;)

county line rig.jpg