Help pick up a board in Buena Park OC CA

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Lackosense, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Lackosense

Lackosense Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    Hey Jammers,

Im located on the east coast. I've been talking to this seller about buying this Bing

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/spo/d/100-bing-noserider/6417584876.html

Would be helpful if I had some third party help so that I don't put too much of a burden on seller. Anyone from around that area and willing help close the deal and help with getting it shipped out east? Much appreciated.

2. ElBrooklyn

ElBrooklyn Active Member

Oct 17, 2014
    NYC-EH-MTK and LBC
    I’m flying to Orange County from NYC in a week. Could fly it back with me to NY if that helps.

3. Lackosense

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    Oh dude that would be sweet! You think lugging a 10ft board through the airport wouldn't be too much of a burden? I've heard some airlinr disaster stories.

4. Ozimec

Ozimec New Member

Sep 27, 2017
    Long Beach
    I'm located in Long Beach, so I could pick it up and deliver it to Foam Ez (Westminster) for shipping--but it'll have to work around my schedule. I'm a M-F 9-5er.

PM me to discuss further.

5. ElBrooklyn

ElBrooklyn Active Member

Oct 17, 2014
    NYC-EH-MTK and LBC
    I’ve flown nearly a dozen boards back and forth. Only had one ding, and it was a minor fix.

But you gotta buy a high quality bag, and then I cover the board in bubble wrap, with pipe insulators on the rails and maybe some cardboard over the deck.

JetBlue charges $50 for a board and another $50 for an extra bag. So you’re looking at around $200 in costs for the flight, the bag and the materials. Might be cheaper to have it shipped.

6. Lackosense

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    @ElBrooklyn thank you kindly for your consideration :) you ever travel with a santa monica surfcase? I've got a 9'6 case here in NY and a one foot extension currently in Oceanside CA, let me know what you think.

7. Lackosense

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    @Ozimec Thank you for your offer! I'll keep you in mind and reach out to you if neccessary.

Ozimec likes this.
  8. ElBrooklyn

ElBrooklyn Active Member

Oct 17, 2014
    NYC-EH-MTK and LBC
    I’ve traveled with big rolling coffins. But never the surfcase, which looks cool.

The problem with using that, though, is that it’s gonna cost $100 to fly it to Cali empty, then $100 to fly it back. So still...at least $200.

Unless you can find someone who needs a board delivered to the west coast.

9. ElBrooklyn

ElBrooklyn Active Member

Oct 17, 2014
    NYC-EH-MTK and LBC
    Just outta curiosity, where are you in NY?

10. Lackosense

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    I'm in South Ozone Park, just minutes from JFK. Also, I have a car so im pretty mobile.