Hayden Midlength Glider

Planktom

Dec 27, 2016
Devon, UK
Outline looks like a mid nineties Paul Hutchinson Bear performance mini-mal, not necessarily a bad thing.

As Hutcho is still shaping, I would personally go to him - he handshaped hundreds of those and they work great

Chilly Willy

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey
lot to like about those shapes...pulled tail and fin cluster is fairly clustered, so be easy to overfin.....depending on model length, 6" to 7" Dale Dobson with TA .3.25" sidebites...

Thanks! I think she pulled the trigger on a 7'7". So maybe on the smaller side with the center fin?

jory

Dec 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Great oxymoron; 'mid-length glider'?
Lengths start at 6’7, like totally huge board bro,

Be interested to know what the appeal of this for your friends was over all the other choices in the US for a nice (fashionable) “mid length”

Price? Brand loyalty? Availability?

Or just better marketing than Mitsven?

Chilly Willy

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey
Lengths start at 6’7, like totally huge board bro,

Be interested to know what the appeal of this for your friends was over all the other choices in the US for a nice (fashionable) “mid length”. Price? Brand loyalty? Availability?

Hahaha... just like the shortboarder the other day who saw me with my 7'4" and said it was dying down a bit, but I'd probably still get lots of waves with my longboard. Everything is relative.

I think all of the above were considerations (not the marketing aspect) -- shortboarding background, budding intrigue about benefits of longer boards, and past success with their various offerings. I'm just glad she resisted the urge to go with something in the 6' range. (You cant really expect wildly different results with generally the same sort of craft.) You know how it goes though -- sometimes you just get stoked about a certain board and the heart wants what it wants. I haven't heard much about it but will be interested to see it go and maybe try a couple waves on it.