Has anyone tried the $200 Greenough Power Blade fin?

tc96707

Feb 3, 2016
USA Hawaii
I use it on a couple of edge boards, 7' Mandala Super Stubby and 7'9" Andreini Serena. The PB fin transformed the Mandala, it made a night and day difference on drops, bottom turns and overall turning. I went with the PB on the Andreini from the get go and never looked back.

Thanks. That confirms what I’ve been reading.

tc96707

Feb 3, 2016
USA Hawaii
I don't see anything special from a material/manufacturing perspective to justify that price. Maybe it works, but I will never know personally.

The guy I spoke with @ True Ames said the glass material and layout is different, and that more time and effort is put in on this fin style.

With my little knowledge on fiberglassing, I believe you though.

michael

Apr 19, 2017
NJ
A friend lent me an 8.8” power blade to try on my boards. First up, I tried it on my Liddle baby vee today. I didn’t know what to expect.

Pleasantly surprised! Just seem to have a lot more maneuverability. I suspect that the tiny little base loosened the heck out of my board while that big paddle kept me oddly stable, and sprung me around.

Weird cause I’m so used to like not over doing it with the hulls or they bite back, but this sort of let me toss it around a little more.

Needs more testing but I’m stoked.