Hansen Fans

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by surfore, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Ticowannabe

Ticowannabe Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    looks like the complexity in getting the bronco out might have a direct correlation on the low milage ; )

2. Wade In The Waves

Wade In The Waves Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    Had a chance to get one cheap back when I was 18. Regret not doing it quite often. I was just a dumb kid with no mechanical knowledge back then though. Oh well, we live and we learn.

3. mauimatt

mauimatt New Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I have had and built about 30 of them from mild to wild ,my dad bought one in 66 the first year of broncos and it was my first surf rig so they kinda stuck with me

4. Wade In The Waves

Wade In The Waves Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    I wish I could find a reasonable. Back in 1999, in Nebraska, it was a 1966 Bronco with 72K miles and the 500th one made. All documented. It belonged to the agricultural department at the University of Nebraska where the cut out the passenger floorboard to take seed samples. It was repaired and the guy wanted $3500 with a plow. The local "experts" said it was worth $1500. I look back on it and they were not the experts after all. I should have bought it. Errrrr. We live and we learn. That generation Bronco is still my dream. Someday……..

5. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Nice collection of hansens. Now I know where all the nice superlights are.

Nick - board with green band looks like a master logo but Mauimatt can confirm. Looks like an early one as most masters I've seen look more modern style shapes.

6. Tmw

Tmw Member

Dec 29, 2008
    That's maybe the best collection backed up by the worst storage system I've ever seen!

7. mauimatt

mauimatt New Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I'm working on building a shop to store and display them better .

8. Tmw

Tmw Member

Dec 29, 2008
    You could probably charge admission to such a place.

9. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    probably one of the most expensive rack systems too. just throw em on the bronco. need some garage organization.

If you have the height for vertical storage, check out http://www.t-raxsurf.com/ I have them in my garage and they work great. I have a horizontal rack too, but the arms are aluminum so they can't support heavier longboards.

10. mauimatt

mauimatt New Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Thanks for the info on storage rack, I think ill just weld up some vertical racks when I get a shop built.