Greg Noll "da cat" and Lightning Bolt Jerry Lopez

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by 306Bing, Aug 28, 2018.

1. SharkB8

SharkB8 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    USA Virginia
    I agree with the 2 above. Still want one but not willing to refinance my house.

2. JBorbone

JBorbone Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Belmar, NJ
    That's a California bolt, maybe a TM shape. I bought a similar board for $380 from a very cool Jammer but it wasn't as clean. Dave from Island Trader in Florida was willing to sell me a California Bolt swallow tail (same exact color combo) for $800, but that one was truly immaculate, not a single pressure ding on it. I also recently bought a Hawaiian Bolt for $500 shaped by Preisendorfer in the late 70s when he was lifeguarding on the north shore, but that one is much more banged up but a bit more desirable.. I'd say that bolt would be fairly priced around $700ish????

3. Surph

Surph Active Member

Mar 29, 2010
    I have an original and a reproduction fin for that da cat. Juan Rodriguez at One World does reproductions but they are a bit heavier than the lexan one.

http://www.oneworldsurf.com

SReilly likes this.
  4. Eugene

Eugene New Member

Aug 19, 2018
    woonsocket, RI. 02895
    I'll keep the in mind. Thanks

5. Eugene

Eugene New Member

Aug 19, 2018
    woonsocket, RI. 02895
    Thanks for the feedback. Still doing research.

6. Eugene

Eugene New Member

Aug 19, 2018
    woonsocket, RI. 02895
    Thanks for posting the pictures for me. I"m getting a wide range of info about both boards. If anyone wants to contact me direct, my number is 401-578-0927. Thanks again .

7. Eugene

Eugene New Member

Aug 19, 2018
    woonsocket, RI. 02895
    Out of curiosity, what would the original fin cost? If it's improper to talk $$ here, my # is 401-578-0927. Thanks

8. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    - The remaining orig. DC Noll fins are made of pure unattainium. Go with Juan.

michael likes this.
  9. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Surph. The fin I posted is an original ABS polypropylene (softer more like hard rubber) fin not lexan. They had a groove/slot on the bottom and 2 dimples on the sides toward the rear of the fin. The front of the fin would be pushed forward in the box and the rear lowered down and snapped in. The dimples in the fin corresponded with bumps in the side wall of the box. The whole affair was supposedly locked in place by a large grub screw at the rear of the fin. This scew was supposed to keep the fin sides from compressing inward away from the dimples. I’m not aware that Juan makes these.

10. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    Love that Bolt. Authentic Lopez, Cali shaped, Whatever. The vibe of that board has me big time. Radness.

Welcome Eugene.

JBorbone likes this.