Greg Noll "da cat" and Lightning Bolt Jerry Lopez

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by 306Bing, Aug 28, 2018.

1. 306Bing

306Bing Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    OCNJ
    Eugene was having some difficulty posting pics so I offered to do it for him. He is still waiting on some appraisals to come back, but he wanted to get the opinions of the members on Jamboards. He will be on to add details to the boards later tomorrow.

Resized951.jpg Resized955.jpg Resized958.jpg Resized959.jpg Resized9534.jpg Resized9588.jpg

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    DKNJ likes this.
  2. poidog

poidog Active Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Eugene = new member of the year

DJR and DKNJ like this.
  3. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Regardless of Eugene's identity and stealthy introduction, his Greg Noll board is missing this fin. Substantial hit to the value. These are very rare, unique to GN boards, and as far as I know, no one makes a reproduction. The poor design of the base made them loosen and be lost forever.

Greg Noll Fin.jpg

4. kclibman

kclibman Well-Known Member

May 23, 2018
    L.A. County
    EUGENE IS REAL

goddamn I love that LB.

goofyDuda likes this.
  5. SharkB8

SharkB8 Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    USA Virginia
    Surprised the red in the lam is still so bright. Fin definitely hurt value. Only worth what someone will pay. Full restoration would be expensive too.

6. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Devils Lake, Oregon Coast
    certainly is a Da Cat, obviously the worse for wear...might interest someone like Rarick, who would not only restore it properly, with his connections could possibly find a Cat fin as well..

if that wing Bolt doesn't have Gerry's signature on the stringer, likely a Lopez model mowed by a ghoster that Shipley brought in the back door...

the fact that Eugene is 'real' is pretty cool..

DJR likes this.
  7. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    MANY ghosters @ Bolt then. Those GL logo Bolts were all over the globe. Fake Boards! Why would anyone care about that Noll Cat? How many here rode them? I rode probably 3-4 different brand new ones at the time (good friend team guy).
    IMO, bottom of the barrel during the period when the best LBs were being made. POS.

DJR, michael and Lackosense like this.
  8. Lackosense

Lackosense Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    Dora's hype is dead, but not forgotten.

9. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    It was Greg. A long track record of being late to the party w/ inferior design and uber hubris.

Lackosense likes this.
  10. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    I feel the same as Verterano about all noll boards. The price point is super inflated and I just don't understand the value there. They don't seem to be good riders and too expensive to really enjoy.

With all that said, I'd be a buyer on the ca dat if the price is right. Never had one.