Glider length?

Niau

Dec 18, 2020
Necarney City
Fifteen foot seven inches for board on far right. Twelve foot two for the board second from the right.
"The olo and the alaia each required a different style of surfing. The olo was used on the gently sloping and often unbroken waves, while the alaia was surfed on the steeper, faster-breaking waves."

page5image2068924880

H2OBO

Dec 3, 2020
Oceanside
Id give the Sanchez Dreadnaught a look. Im running a 10’1” x 22 1/2” x 3 1/8” , at 6’ 180#, like the more pulled in nose version, has been money, including in beach break . Actually its great at alot of spots. The entry, speed, and stability is addicting. And it turns surprisingly well for a 10’, big lines at speed and relatively responsive .running a skip 8.5”. Gets some funny looks taking it out here in Oceanside (is that a gun?) Badger and a dreamboat in one.

Lektriz

Mar 15, 2017
Finland
If you are getting a glider for beachbrake I would recomend a widepoint back piggy shape then you can go longer and still make fast direction changes.

11´6 turns on a dime but prefers juicier waves more then soft unbroken lines.

Here is John Mellor's OG.

Tenfooter

Nov 12, 2014
USA Rhode Island
there’s something humble about your opinion?
It doesn’t have to be lazy long rollers for fun on my glider..
No!

Fuck humbleness
But I think gliders were made for ...
Well
To fucking glide
If you wanna show off obeach break with a big ass board, that’s fine too
But don’t get a glider
Get a HP longboard
Or 9 ft pointy nose with a pintail
And call it glider

is like riding a 911 on a dirt road
Yes, it can be done
But that car doesn’t belong in there

Surfnfish

Feb 6, 2015
PNW between here and there
11 ft
nothing less
and why you wanna ride a glider on a beach break?
IMHO gliders are to enjoy long rolling waves
cause I've ridden pretty much every size and shape possible over the decades, as my lines in fun size waves have slowly 'aged' from full round house cutbacks to milder banks off the top...
and at times our summer sandbars set up way outside and run all the way through the inside...
so why not get in way early out the back and speed through sections, admiring the scenery..
with the added bonus of riding something that can compete with summer suptards for the outside peak...
so a 10'6 eps/epox speed shape with ample tail rocker should be just the ticket..will be driving down to socal to pick it up in June, likely a few places to ride it down there as well..