General question about gliders

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by WhiteRussian, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    a quiet cabin in the woods
    good stuff...

yep, an example of that is wide dish nose concave, purposed solely to create lift and push back/up against a rider weighted nose..

we're over due for a major paradigm shift in HP boards..aside from tweaks in rocker, foil and concave, pro's have been riding the same boards since Simon blew up Bell's with the thruster..conversely, logs and gliders will always be..just that

JBorbone likes this.
  2. JBorbone

JBorbone Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Belmar, NJ
    yup, noserider nose dish is the perfect example.

3. Tlri

Tlri Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Rhode island
    4745685B-119E-42EC-A75E-1623D61C53C2.jpeg
    Not me in the Pic but the board is awesome!!!

First day out on Phillips 12’ EPS glider.

Waist with occasional stomach/chest leftover windswell but clean with 4-5 knots offshore.

WOW :)

This thing covers a lot of water!
    Hardest part was not getting lost on so much board. Early into the waves and very turnable. EPS keeps the nose light enough to swing it around. Fun to take off left swing it to a right, three steps forward still with a ton of board out front and feel the acceleration.
    Makes sections with ease.

I’d tell more people to buy them but then I’d have competition for the waves.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    Roadmaster, Planktom, surfore and 2 others like this.
  4. Salinity

Salinity Well-Known Member

May 11, 2016
    USA Rhode Island
    Sweet jeebus - I was out this am, but likely a bit down the beach from you (main lot was open thanks to the toilet truck!) - surprised I didn’t see those fades from way down the beach.

Been really tempted to inquire about the status of that Hank the tank down in NJ...

5. Tlri

Tlri Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Rhode island
    I grabbed the 10’6 Rickey Carroll glider that was on CL last weekend. If you’re interested in trying it to see what this glider stuff is all about you're welcome to give it a spin.

2CAFDAAE-9065-4F41-A5A6-00D63B4781FC.jpeg

6. Salinity

Salinity Well-Known Member

May 11, 2016
    USA Rhode Island
    Nice! That thing looks pretty sweet. You’re all glidered-up now, eh? I may take you up on that offer sometime!

7. Tlri

Tlri Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Rhode island
    I got a little excited after the Phillips showed up and couldn’t resist when this popped up.

Was fun out there today.
    I was able to go from 6-715 in Narragansett and then 805-930 in front of the rock at surfers end.

8. SharkB8

SharkB8 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    USA Virginia
    That looks like my old rc glider. Sold mine to a guy in Rhode Island.

Tlri likes this.
  9. Tlri

Tlri Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Rhode island
    I bought it of a guy named Eric in providence.

10. Basenji703

Basenji703 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Virginia Beach, VA
    That is my old glider, that I sold to SharkB8 who sold it to Eric. For me it wasn’t long enough to be a glider. I rode it like a long regular board, so I sold it to a friend. In fact I drove it up North to Eric. Hope you love it, it was a cool board, but not glider enough for me.