Gato Heroi - Mini Simmons for Sale

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by The Kooks Society, Oct 26, 2016.

1. fishy82

fishy82 New Member

Jun 2, 2013
    SeniorGrom wrote:
    Shabby chic is being nice. Be thankful it's a Wesley shape so at least it's symmetrical and reasonably foiled. Have felt up a few other Gato's over the years and I must say he makes my backyard/garage hacking appear like the quality of a coop.

2. applekat

applekat Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    fishy82 wrote:
    Don't underestimate the Creme's.

o_O

https://ja-jp.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.359630716456.185594.274536011456&type=3

3. RIer

RIer Member

Jul 17, 2013
    price it however you want, I guess.

my personal view is that any board loses 20-30% of value from the moment of initial sale (similar to cars).

as soon as I have to deal with some random stranger for a board instead of getting it directly from the shaper, there has to be a serious discount. just my opinion.

when there are visible signs of use, discount further from there. 40-50% off is a reasonable starting point for a visibly used board. again, my opinion.

I got a longboard from John Wesley a few years back which I still like a lot.

It was not much more brand new than what is being asked for this beat up mini simmons though.

4. applekat

Jul 31, 2007
    RIer wrote:
    i feel this is sage advice.

i'm the exact same way, RI.

5. fishy82

fishy82 New Member

Jun 2, 2013
    applekat wrote:
    Love ya AK, but Nothing overly special there in my opinion.

No more high jack kook.. Good luck on the sale

6. Fishy

Fishy Active Member

Aug 22, 2014
    The Kooks Society wrote:
    This thread was bound to cause a sh!tstorm, particularly given that we just had a similar board sale drama a couple weeks back. On the positive side, I'd say you've handled the barrage of comments with some backbone and didn't get all whiney. Seems like you'll be keeping that board. Enjoy!

7. applekat

Jul 31, 2007
    fishy82 wrote:
    Fishy...
    I've got a 9'5 stiletto....next venture to your side...i implore you to join me to try her out. Ill never sell it...despite its "shabby" visage....a bit Geogia O'keefe for my taste (currently affectionately referred to as my "floral vagina board"...)...but you might be surprised by it..
    Now sell that Simmons, kookS!

8. applekat

Jul 31, 2007
    Fishy wrote:
    And here I was about to have a fire sale....now I'm kinda scared. o_O

9. The Kooks Society

The Kooks Society Active Member

Mar 29, 2016
    USA New York
    applekat wrote:
    You should definitely have that fire sale. I'm putting together a support group "board sale gone bad on JB", and you'll be more than welcome to join. :)

I'll revive that thread when (not if) I've sold this board. I have a few ideas (google ad words + some Facebook targeted ads will surely do the trick).

10. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016
    The Kooks Society wrote:
    You'll be an Internet legend if you can get that board to appear as an ad on this site.