Gap in my quiver....shopping for mid-length

Gulfzer5

Nov 2, 2020
Louisiana
I need a mid length to fill a gap in my quiver. I go from a 6'8 Bonzer Egg to a 9'3 Parallax. Right now i'm looking at a Harley Ingleby Moe and Vernor Tree Hugger. Anyone on here riding one of these in conditions especially where your LB maxes out? I maxed out my Parallax yesterday and then tried to jump on the bonzer and it maid me realize how bad I need a mid length.

sam

Nov 16, 2020
SF
If you're looking for a longboard alternative when the waves are bigger I would get a pin tail mid length around 7'10 - 8'6. Don't be afraid to go thin and narrow. If you were looking for a shortboard alternative I would direct you to the 7'0 - 7'4 range but seem's like that ground is covered with your bonzer.

JTS

Mar 24, 2005
I’ve got an 8’0 Moe and had a 7’8” tree hugger
I personally prefer the Moe , seems to have a bit wider range and also feels a bit more responsive
The TH is a good board and Vernor epoxy builds are very good. I am partial to the Thunderbolt though
I still have a 7’0 TH

Gulfzer5

Nov 2, 2020
Louisiana
What I would love to get my hands on is an 8'3 Colapintail but, they are getting really hard to find. Thanks for the comparison between the Moe and TH. All the mentioned boards so far I've admired like the Honey Badger. I don't really want to go the custom route, OTR is fine as long as I like the dims.

Nalu

Jan 19, 2021
Gualala, CA

Eh_frame

Dec 31, 2020
Philly or Jersey
I emailed FireWire and they were able to find a retail shop that had a 9-9 Parallax for me. It’s being shipped now. Try emailing them if that is what you are set on.

skurp

Feb 11, 2021
San Diego
I've been riding the paint off this twin the past month - so incredibly versatile. Generates enough of it's own speed in small stuff - and just the right curves for waves with juice. It's 7'1 X 22 X 3. It's my first twin and I'm a believer. Shaped by Robin Stockwell in Oside - picked it up off the rack at the surfboard collective. Great all-rounder. So fast.

I'm out of the market for boards for a while - but I've been eying some of these mid-length twins coming out of the whole Torren Martyn situation.

As for Off the Rack - My cousin has a 7'2" CI Mid - that he's let me ride a few times and that's a great board in good surf. I've also heard good things about the Seaside and Beyonds in the 7+ range. I don't like how the firewire epoxy feels under foot, but I'm dying to ride one - see what they're all about.

Attachments

• IMG_0923.jpeg
    IMG_0923.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0922.jpeg
    IMG_0922.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0950.jpeg
    IMG_0950.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 61