FS 10' Hess Moraga

Dynaglyder

Dec 21, 2011
This is a full wood, walnut, board with a redwood glass-on fin. 10' x 23.5" x 3.5". It is beautiful, undamaged and works well but I rarely use it. I have decided to cull it from the quiver, despite the temptation to keep it as a work of art. $1250.

Hess Moraga Bottom.jpeg

Hess Moraga Deck.jpeg
tempImaget4V00Y.png

Per Hess website: "THE MORAGA IS A MID-LENGTH DESIGNED TO HAVE A LOT OF PADDLE, AT THE SAME TIME MAINTAIN SMOOTH, FLUID GLIDE AND MANEUVERABILITY. AS ROUND TAIL THE MORAGA FUNCTIONS AS A VERY RELIABLE, CARVY SPEED EGG."
THE FULL WOOD BOARDS ARE BUILT WITH A PERIMETER FRAME WHICH IS CONSTRUCTED USING A SYSTEM OF MOLDS AND TEMPLATES THAT CONSISTENTLY CREATE EACH BOARD’S OUTLINE, FOIL, AND ROCKER. I ENGINEER THE FRAMES TO PROVIDE THE SURFER A SPECIFIC AND PREDICTABLE AMOUNT OF FLEX/ RETURN SPRING PROJECTION ALONG THE PERIMETER STRINGER/ RAIL LINE. THE PERIMETER STRINGER ELIMINATES THE INEFFICIENT, ENERGY RELEASING TWISTING CHARACTERISTICS THAT CAN BE FOUND IN CONVENTIONAL CENTER STRINGERED FOAM SURFBOARDS."

kpd73

May 8, 2013
USA Rhode Island
Guessing Oregon based on the vaquero glider thread from Feb.
Holmes.jpg

And judging by the pressure dents in the deck and fin placement I further deduce he is
73 years old...
Maintaining a disciplined workout schedule of rowing and lifting kettlebells which has made it possible for him to surf in the fickle cold waters of the Pacific NW wearing heavy rubber.