Free Ticket. MERMEN record release plus screening of Grant Washburn's film, LOST AND FOUND

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by sonOsea, May 6, 2019.

1. sonOsea

sonOsea Active Member

Apr 6, 2010
    USA
    My friend and sometimes drummer for The Mermen, Daniel Guaquta gifted my wife and I tickets to the up coming shown in Santa Cruz May 17th. Unfortunately my Wife can't make it, so I want to offer up the other ticket to the forum and pass on his generosity and stoke.

Hit me up on this thread or DM me if you're interested. I can send it in the mail or meet you at the door... I can share my accommodations too if need be.

See below for show details...
    Cheers.

On Friday, May 17th, KSQD 90.7 community radio, presents The Mermen in concert, at THE COCOANUT GROVE ballroom in Santa Cruz. This show celebrates the release of The MERMEN'S new recording, "A MURMUROUS SIRENIC DELIRIUM."

This show will also feature:
    The NorCal premiere of Mavericks's surfer, Grant Washburn's new short film LOST and FOUND (the film archives of Greg Noll).
    Grant Washburn will be there to present the film with special guests.
    The film is about "The quest to preserve legendary big wave surfer Greg Noll's historic surfing footage, and a personal view of a legendary big-wave life."
    The will be a Q&A after the film.
    The Mermen made a substantial contribution to the soundtrack of LOST AND FOUND, composing music especially for the film.

This performance by the MERMEN will be the official record release event for their new full length recording "A MURMUROUS SIRENIC DELIRIUM" (released March 20, 2019)
    doors at 7:00 PM, film at 8:00 PM, Mermen perform at 9:15 PM
    more info at www.mermen.net

The performance will be at THE COCOANUT GROVE, on the boardwalk in Santa Cruz, CA. Besides being the largest ocean-view event space in Santa Cruz County. This ballroom is a state historic landmark: the building is over 100 years old and is the most beautiful, iconic, and comfortable, concert venue in Santa Cruz. There will be ample seating / cocktail tables and full bar.

MERMENLostFound_BIG-BULL_WEB.jpg

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    walkingtheplank and Driftwood like this.
  2. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

Very generous and if I was in the correct hemisphere (and had a couple days off), I'd take you up on it. That'll be a rad evening. The Mermen are insanely good.

May I suggest that you re-jigger your title to say "FREE MERMEN TICKET IN SANTA CRUZ" or something. Might have more takers that way rather than being so mysterious. ;)

sonOsea likes this.
  3. Macilious

Macilious Active Member

Jun 15, 2010
    #1 THIS IS AWESOME. Great act of generosity and great way to meet cool JBers.
    #2 I now understand the origins of your avatar!

sonOsea likes this.
  4. sonOsea

sonOsea Active Member

Apr 6, 2010
    USA
    Thanks for the wisdom on marketing Eric.
    I've made an update to the original post.

Oh, and from what I,ve heard from the band, Greg Noll will be the special guest.

5. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

That’s going to be fun. Even cooler that the big man will be in the house. You da man for the ticket offer SoS.

6. pintail

pintail Active Member

Feb 19, 2004
    LA, California
    Wish I could go, love the Mermen. They were playing in Malibu some years ago, found out about the concert the day after.

walkingtheplank likes this.
  7. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Devils Lake, Oregon Coast
    should be fun...Mermen always rock da place...and props to Grant for turning that footage into a film...Grant the mellowest 'gentle giant' you'll ever meet...and a hell of a max OB/ Mavericks charger...

8. sonOsea

sonOsea Active Member

Apr 6, 2010
    USA
    DanSan is stoked !
    Enjoy the show.

9. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    USA California
    Thanks Brother...i love them..