Free Thinker Fin Set Ups

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Artisan Fin Co-Op, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Artisan Fin Co-Op

Artisan Fin Co-Op Active Member

Lackosense likes this.
  2. Lackosense

Lackosense Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    Is this real? Or am i tripping....?:confused:
    Have you given these fin setups a go? Do they actually..go?

3. Ricksurfin

Ricksurfin Active Member

Jun 9, 2019
    So Cal
    I love the experimentation. Good on ya.

4. Artisan Fin Co-Op

Artisan Fin Co-Op Active Member

0BE41025-1FE6-4098-B514-7D7212C15363.jpeg 4FF435FC-6E62-44E5-855B-127C764060F2.jpeg ive used the x fin set up and it goes crazy but it found its nitch
    In windsurfing - Nash used it a lot in his wave jumping the others are set ups I pulled from my Oz files- I have no clue how they would work but
    I dig the ingenuity-
    Remember the Tinker Tail? An add on to your board that came in either a diamond or pin with flexible panels to allow your board to stay connected
    Did it work no but again the idea was sick and guys like Jeff Ho made thin glass tails to bend and flex- again sparked the interest
    I’ve seen 6 finned boards infinity made one in the 90 s called the 6 shooter- no work but cool
    Funny thing is someone did the same in the 60/70 era and were still going full circle-stay stoked- I enjoy one high aspect fin possibility a tri set in hollow stuff I even made a twelve fin board as a joke for a surf combo to protest their rules and no I worked like a Hugo in a mud bog but we made a point mi made these for myself and had hem displayed in several art shows overseas and yes they work- patterned off a sculpin

Lackosense likes this.
  5. Poseidon

Poseidon Member

Jan 12, 2018
    Moro Bay
    Your fins look like shit. Go sell them on gumtree mate.