Cameron L Custom.jpg
20191029_144017.jpg
20191030_155915.jpg
20190904_162055.jpg

waveglider619

Sep 8, 2017
SD
Ride report soon. Good score!
Was able to get the Fowler V8 out in headish high waves today at South Bird. Catches everything and super glidey doesn't have as much ball bearing feel as a classic hull but still feels engaged.

DanSan

Jun 7, 2012
Soquel,CA
Was able to get the Fowler V8 out in headish high waves today at South Bird. Catches everything and super glidey doesn't have as much ball bearing feel as a classic hull but still feels engaged.
Doesnt it?

I had mine out at big pleasure point 1st and 2nd peaks....long shoulder high waves ..all the way to o'neills..house..yeww
Thank you bruce....i do think i might increase my fin from a 9.75..to a 10.5 greeno..or use that 11" float ollective fin you gave me bruce..supposed to be even bigger..overhead saturday..yeeeew

Bruce Fowler

Jul 28, 2018
California
@Bruce Fowler how would you steer a V8 convert looking for a board that can handle pitching or steeper waves? A shorter V8, or a new v machine? Seems like there is a difference in taste when it comes to equipment for the day. Some folks are riding v-bottoms as a longboard replacement, some fit their vee in between a glider and whatever else ...
If you go to the Fowler or Anderson V Machine thread on Jamz, you will see what Derek Thomas is riding in different world locations on his quiver of New Machines. I evolved my design above & beyond what anyone can get from Anderson. Even b4 that, mine are well documented for being sold & ridden all over the world (OZ, HI, NY, France, Japan, Mexico, Maldives, Indo, PNW, England, C.R., Finland, Norway, ETC.)

Funny thing is, my homage to Midget Farrelly's first V Bottom........ "V8" is also now ridden in those same areas including Maldives and places I never thought in a million years guys would take them to ride in some charging locations.

My V8 is not a longboard replacement. In my Model Description I explain what my mindset was (and is) in creating the design and it is clearly not to be ridden like a longboard, nor is it a displacement hull. It is very specifically a "different ride" that I acted as though I get into Mr. Peabody's "Way Back Machine" to travel back to 1967-68 to participate in the first go around with V Bottoms. Then as other shapers quickly moved on to other designs, I stayed focused on V Bottoms and continue to evolve them in order to realize their full potential.

There is a LOT more going on in the design then your typical retro knockoff of the v bottoms of yesteryear. These have sooo many subtle nuances in them that I find (even) other shapers don't pick up on what is really going on with them making them tick.

They go fast.
They change rail to rail easily (many guys that have only looked at them find that unbelievable).
They paddle fast & like a much longer board yet can feel really short depending upon foot placement.
They make their riders feel good and bring out the soul that only a good surfboard can do.
Tracht V8 Logo Pic.jpg
Tracht V8 Logo Pic.jpg
Tracht V8 Logo Pic.jpg

Last edited:

DanSan

Jun 7, 2012
Soquel,CA
Ditto..thanks bruce..
Echo wave slider...
To drop in like i do on
My NVM...but on my V8..And have it
Perform like a shortbord...but with a different feeling...
Awesome..