Fowler V8, Andreini McVee, others?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by OneLove, Nov 7, 2019.

1. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Soquel,CA
    So many choices... Cameron L Custom 8'0.jpg Cameron L Custom.jpg 20191029_144017.jpg 20191030_155915.jpg 20190904_162055.jpg

Lackosense, Couch, bfat and 1 other person like this.
  2. Bruce Fowler

Bruce Fowler Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2018
    California
    Thanks for the pix.
    The consensus is (that) they surf really well in all incarnations.

It's the wisdom behind making super user friendly designs.

Lackosense, bfat, OneLove and 2 others like this.
  3. soul_glide

soul_glide Active Member

Jan 1, 2005
    USA New Jersey
    Felt pretty secure riding an 8'0 FOY on pitchy steep OBSF
    upload_2019-11-11_22-34-58.jpeg

DJR, bfat, OneLove and 3 others like this.
  4. waveslider619

waveslider619 Active Member

Sep 8, 2017
    SD
    Was able to get the Fowler V8 out in headish high waves today at South Bird. Catches everything and super glidey doesn't have as much ball bearing feel as a classic hull but still feels engaged.

5. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Soquel,CA
    Doesnt it?

I had mine out at big pleasure point 1st and 2nd peaks....long shoulder high waves ..all the way to o'neills..house..yeww
    Thank you bruce....i do think i might increase my fin from a 9.75..to a 10.5 greeno..or use that 11" float ollective fin you gave me bruce..supposed to be even bigger..overhead saturday..yeeeew

6. Bruce Fowler

Jul 28, 2018
    California
    If you go to the Fowler or Anderson V Machine thread on Jamz, you will see what Derek Thomas is riding in different world locations on his quiver of New Machines. I evolved my design above & beyond what anyone can get from Anderson. Even b4 that, mine are well documented for being sold & ridden all over the world (OZ, HI, NY, France, Japan, Mexico, Maldives, Indo, PNW, England, C.R., Finland, Norway, ETC.)

Funny thing is, my homage to Midget Farrelly's first V Bottom........ "V8" is also now ridden in those same areas including Maldives and places I never thought in a million years guys would take them to ride in some charging locations.

My V8 is not a longboard replacement. In my Model Description I explain what my mindset was (and is) in creating the design and it is clearly not to be ridden like a longboard, nor is it a displacement hull. It is very specifically a "different ride" that I acted as though I get into Mr. Peabody's "Way Back Machine" to travel back to 1967-68 to participate in the first go around with V Bottoms. Then as other shapers quickly moved on to other designs, I stayed focused on V Bottoms and continue to evolve them in order to realize their full potential.

There is a LOT more going on in the design then your typical retro knockoff of the v bottoms of yesteryear. These have sooo many subtle nuances in them that I find (even) other shapers don't pick up on what is really going on with them making them tick.

They go fast.
    They change rail to rail easily (many guys that have only looked at them find that unbelievable).
    They paddle fast & like a much longer board yet can feel really short depending upon foot placement.
    They make their riders feel good and bring out the soul that only a good surfboard can do. Tracht V8 Logo Pic.jpg Tracht V8 Logo Pic.jpg Tracht V8 Logo Pic.jpg

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    hankster, bfat and Artz like this.
  7. waveslider619

waveslider619 Active Member

Sep 8, 2017
    SD
    Thank you Bruce I felt that soul today...

8. Bruce Fowler

Jul 28, 2018
    California
    Por nada.... Shawn on his 7'2x23-1/2"x3"

Andrew Johnson and bfat like this.
  9. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Soquel,CA
    Ditto..thanks bruce..
    Echo wave slider...
    To drop in like i do on
    My NVM...but on my V8..And have it
    Perform like a shortbord...but with a different feeling...
    Awesome..

10. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Thanks for this -- great video with great explanations. I love hearing experienced shapers talk about why they do what they do in terms of surfboard design.

Tlri and DanSan like this.